News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Freight Extensions

Started by Zeno, January 14, 2012, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've painted a station extension for wood cutting areas, for use as freight warehouse.
It can hold up to 1024 tons of goods. It can be downloaded at my site, as usual.

greenling

Zeno
the addon looks good out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Václav

It looks splendid. Only that empty border looks a little odd - mostly in contrast with currently used terrain. May it be that in winter version (if it is planned) it would look better.

I think that any fence around could be very useful - for breaking of strange effect of that empty border.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Maybe also some transparent pixel reaching into the mud to make it less abrupt. And a little lighter ground make help too.

VS

Mud border - what they said :) Apart from this, I think that the individual parts - machine, hut, logs - don't agree in scale. The hut, if it is a hut, is oversized, while the machine seems too small.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Made some changes, mostly scaled things and added a fence. Thanks for your tips, guys.

Edit: Added a container crane extension preview. I've decided I will not draw any road/lorry for loading, but I doubt what else can be added here. Maybe a fence? I guess a hut does nothing in such a facility, but maybe a "small" road container mover would do the job. Any suggestions? Filling it with more and more containers isn't very promising... :S

missingpiece

I was wondering : is the sun not positioned in the South ? So orthogonally off the bottom left edge. I read that on the French guys' tutorial. Then the shadows in your pictures appear to be pointing too far East, that is the sun is too far West.

Zeno

No, I usually place the sun between south and southwest (I try to keep it as near as possible to south anyway). If I used an orthogonal sun placed at south, I would get a very odd render, too bright at south in contrast with a darker east view. That's the reason why the sun is usually pushed a bit towards west.