News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Presentation of new chain of food industries

Started by mEGa, January 15, 2012, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hello
I shall want to present you the french Covered Market Chain which offers few food industries made in SNFOS ;-)
The first idea was to create industral chain which feed all that we can find in a food market of middle size city and we got few typical suppliers

Design of buildings are tipically french but may be european too ?

Well a draw is better than text to explain more details :

We can notice that fields are differents (3 for each rural industry) because we have used a new possibilities of parameters with pak 110.

We can read more information here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:covered_market

download stable pakset :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market.pak

and test a new (beta) version with industries accordings to periods here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market_full.pak

All suggestions and notices are welcome ;-)

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

mega
can a covered market sell Bread and Pasta?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

vilvoh

A silly little suggestion about naming. Instead of covered market, I would call it market dome.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

mEGa

Thanks for your answers.
Quote from: vilvoh on January 15, 2012, 07:13:01 PM
A silly little suggestion about naming. Instead of covered market, I would call it market dome.
So, I understand what do you want to say. Is it because there are 2 same names on pak :
- covered market chain (the name of pak)
- covered market (name of building)
Otherwise, are you sure about naming "dome", because  in my poor english "market" seems to me correctly (my reference : Covent Garden Market in London ;-) )
@ greenling :
Why not ? But we (SNFOS community) think that pak is enough hard . Too much goods kill the interest of game isn'it ?

sdog

i'm also not a native english speaker, but "covered market" sounds quite a bit better and usual to me than "market dome" (especially since the building is not a dome at all)

I should like to mention also: It is a very beautiful chain, with extraordinarily well made buildings.

ps.: fun fact, that greatly surprised me, here in canada cider is drunken hot, and does not seem to have any alcohol whatsoever. i was offered one yesterday and slightly scalded my tongue not expecting it to be hot.

Fabio

mEGa, is it meant for official pakset or just as an addon?

I don't understand why all the beautiful work done by SNFOS community is just released in .pak format and not also in .png+.dat sources, allowing inclusion in official pakset. Is it a copyright issue?

mEGa

Quote from: fabio on January 16, 2012, 10:10:28 AM
mEGa, is it meant for official pakset or just as an addon?

I don't understand why all the beautiful work done by SNFOS community is just released in .pak format and not also in .png+.dat sources, allowing inclusion in official pakset. Is it a copyright issue?
I mean it will be an good addition for pak128 may be ?
No copyright for this pakset. I can gladly give sources.
Here sources (V1 = first version with no adaptation for perdiods, but stable, and V2 = beta version including rural buildings per periods)
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market_v2.zip
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market_v1.zip

On the other hand I wished to validate definitively modifications of second version (rural buildings per periods).

Quote from: sdog on January 16, 2012, 05:55:16 AM

I should like to mention also: It is a very beautiful chain, with extraordinarily well made buildings.
Thanks a lot ;)

Quote from: sdog on January 16, 2012, 05:55:16 AM
ps.: fun fact, that greatly surprised me, here in canada cider is drunken hot, and does not seem to have any alcohol whatsoever. i was offered one yesterday and slightly scalded my tongue not expecting it to be hot.
Lol In france, cider does not contain  too much alcohol (~5%) and it depends what how it was made ("soft", "dry" and "farmer").

subsidiary question :
Is it time to receive an svn account to comit graphic contribution ?

Fabio

It's not me to say what should go in trunk or not (VS's job!!!) but I strongly advise all artists to release together paks and sources: this way, it's easier to be included in pak.

About svn, I honestly don't know how it works, I feel I would need it too, sometimes...

Arkadiusz

Great work. This might be actually the first addon I will ever download and install. It looks very promising and entertaining :)

mEGa

Quote from: fabio on January 16, 2012, 01:36:46 PM
It's not me to say what should go in trunk or not (VS's job!!!) but I strongly advise all artists to release together paks and sources: this way, it's easier to be included in pak.
OK, I saw how you work with city trams. Now I will propose my work as your method (a zip file contains all ressources)
Thanks

Fabio

Thank you. There are many ways to improve our pak128... it is already getting a new, more realistic, shape...

missingpiece

Oh, wow, something's brewing here.  8) Great news !

Since mEGa is already working on historical versions, I am looking forward to seeing the "walmart" style supermarket of the early 19 hundrets look more like a market of the time...  :P

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Hi community,

I come back after having tested my new version of covered market chain.
I adjusted parameters for covered_market building to be closer of the reality of commercial deals.
Now we have :
- 3 covered market hall buildings : 1850 ->1939; 1940 ; 1969 -> 1970
- 3 factories market gardener as precedent periods
- 3 orchards as precedent periods
- 1 factory cider : since 1930

For example :

Could you help me to validate this traffic and exchange parameters ?

link last pakset
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market_full.pak

Documentation online :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:covered_market

EDIT : source files :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:chaine_covered_market_v2.zip

Václav

Quote from: mEGa on January 16, 2012, 05:16:53 AM
@ greenling :
Why not ? But we (SNFOS community) think that pak is enough hard . Too much goods kill the interest of game isn'it ?
I think that if somebody would be willing to prepare new supermarket, then there would be sold not only original goods (beer, canned food and frozen food) but also some goods coming from chain of covered market - and also bread but at this time bakery is last factory of that chain - that spares mills and grain fields with else chains.

... and new supermarket is needed.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Bread and other products:
I see both small and big final consumers, the former consuming just few products and having higher chance, the latter having lower chance but consuming more products. This could give players the choice to start with smaller chains and later moving to bigger ones, possibly using some of the producers already on the map.

agamemnus

Nice, nice.

As a native English speaker, to me "covered market" sounds a little odd. I guess it's actually a real place in Oxford, England where they sell fruit/vegetables/etc. indoors.

A few variations on "covered market":
"covered farmer's market"
"indoor farmer's market"
"farmer's market" <-- generally outdoors, though.

mEGa

Quote from: agamemnus on February 13, 2012, 07:36:27 PM
A few variations on "covered market":
"covered farmer's market"
"indoor farmer's market"
"farmer's market" <-- generally outdoors, though.
Thank very much for you feedback.
May be we could take "covered farmer's market" as name of factory and pakset :
covered_farmers_market_chain
What do you mean about it ?

agamemnus

Sounds good (and delicious) to me.

I have been in one in Spain (my first): it was very interesting and pleasant.

In America's northeast, I have never seen/been in an indoors/covered farmer's market -- you only have supermarkets or you have the regular outside farmer's markets, as far as I have experienced, at least. Different economic situations and climates, I suppose.

grampybear

Just a little off topic  :)
@agamemnus
You need to visit perhaps the oldest covered market in the US, Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston. Known for its shopping, fine dining, as well as street food and live entertainment it has been there since 1742 and still has something for everyone

agamemnus

I live near Boston, actually... It's not really the same. When I think of a farmer's market I think of fruit, vegetable, fish, etc. stands. A covered farmer's market would be the same but indoors. in my mind Faneuil Hall might have a few such kiosks but they are greatly outnumbered by various boutique non-food or prepared food shops:

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/?q=carts

mEGa

Personally I don't travel to USA, but your example is interesting for models ;-)
So, what are we doing about name ?
for my first proposition "covered market"  I referred to the English markets of London:Leadenhall Market, New Covent Garden Market, Smithfield...The name of which I applied to my version of "Halles couvertes" of the city of Dijon (France).
I think the pakset covered_market_chain is complete with this current buildings.
But, sure, we can create a new consumers as little supermarket or big (why not, see the previous post about subject) which will be connected to suppliers of covered_market_chain using their goods.
And why not create another several old or contemporary new covered ( indoors) market as consumers of factories of this covered market chain.