News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Crash in netgame related to depots

Started by Ashley, January 20, 2012, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

This was reported to me by Fifty:

QuoteHi Timothy --

I managed to crash your 64 server, sorry about that. I sent a train to a depot and pressed "Sell mode" as it was entering the depot. Somehow, both commands got executed and I got a phantom convoy inside the depot that would not go away. I tried to delete the depot and the whole mess crashed without even an error message. I can't recreate offline, so I don't know if you will have any logging that might help fix that problem.

The game has been really great and well-developed on this map, and if the file is not corrupted it would be great to keep playing for a few more days. 128 is imo due for a restart sometime soon.

Thanks,

Log and the latest server savegame can be found here:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/sim64.log.1
http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server13353-network.sve

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Dwachs

Where in the log is the crash? Did the server crash or only the client??

What does 'sell mode' means? Clicking the button to sell trains or the button to switch between append/put-in-front/sell?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ashley

I'd assume it should be at the end of the log, since I copied the log before restarting it.

And you'd have to ask Fifty exactly what he meant.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Dwachs

Did the server crash?

Edit: could reproduce it. The player pressed the 'sell' button in the trains window, but the sell-command arrived after the train entered the deport -> boom

Edit2: should be fixed in r5100.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.