News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Request: Improved mini map filters for experimental

Started by ӔO, February 08, 2012, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

While playing the online game, I have felt that the current filters from standard are inadequate for experimental.
There are several that I think should exist to make it easier for the player to find things in their network.

• Depots. There are several varieties of depots in experimental, like diesel, steam, electric, etc. Currently, the minimap only filters by way types, and it can be difficult to find which depots in your network are the proper type.
  • Weight limit. There is a speed limit filter, but in experimental, there is also weight to consider.
  • Track electrification. From standard, the unelectrified tracks are white, while the electrified ones are red. In experimental, there are several types of electrification, and it is difficult to know which types your tracks have been electrified with from the minimap alone.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

AEO,

thank you for the suggestions. These are good ideas, but it might be some time before I am able to get around to implementing them! If anyone would like to produce a patch/Github branch for any of these things, I'd happily integrate it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.