News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Superacelerator

Started by marioxcc, December 03, 2008, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marioxcc

I noticed than full train take a lot of time to accelerate, then i make a slope than accelerates train when loaded, of course it also deccelrates it when void.
If a full train go faster, the pay is better.
If a empty train go slower, it do not matter, because it do not carry paied cargo.
Here the screenshots with 2 different levels of acceleration:

Level 1
Level 2
See also: Spanish version of this post.

colonyan

Interesting idea.
But the pay is only  based on the max. speed of the locomotive used.
program does not count how much minute and second it took.

marioxcc

Sure?.
Any of the developers can clear this issue?.

colonyan

Im pretty sure. I've seen saying that while ago and I remember.
By the way, eventhough its not making more money per trip, You will need less
train to keep the consumer fulfiled. That means less track and its maintenance cost.
Because it make trip faster! (of course, there is one time slope construction cost)

DirrrtyDirk

Yes only max speed counts, the time needed for distance is irrelevant for speed bonus.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

marioxcc

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on December 03, 2008, 02:48:13 PM
only max speed counts
You are talking about the absolute top speed of the locomotive, or about the max speed, counting the load?

prissi

The max_speed for income calculation is the theoretical maximum speed limit of the slowest car in a convoi.

marioxcc

¿Then my superacelerator or trower (as vilvoh suggest) is unuseful?.

VS

Not at all, money isn't everything! Faster moving trains (vs. theoretically faster) are better all the time.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

marioxcc

My superacelerator decrease travel time when loading, but increases travel time with void.
The full route is traveled in same time with or with no superacelerator

DirrrtyDirk

To be honest: with this construction it looks more like a roller coaster than a railway to me 8)

VS

It could be useful before crossings...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Sarrus

It's sounds little odd to me. If I use locomotive with max speed of 100 km/h and use track max 64 km/h with one title which has 110 km/h, I will get speed bonus of 100 km/h.

V813

In real life, some subway (metro) tunnels use similar ideas. The tunnels are in gentle V shape, so that trains leaving a station accelerate with the aid of gravity, and trains approaching a station decelerate the same way. The overall travelling time is shortened. This Simutrans simulation is exaggerated very much, of course.
V813
Simutrans newbie.

marioxcc

Quote from: Sarrus on December 05, 2008, 09:45:41 AM
It's sounds little odd to me. If I use locomotive with max speed of 100 km/h and use track max 64 km/h with one title which has 110 km/h, I will get speed bonus of 100 km/h.
Really?.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: marioxcc on December 06, 2008, 03:08:45 PM
QuoteIt's sounds little odd to me. If I use locomotive with max speed of 100 km/h and use track max 64 km/h with one title which has 110 km/h, I will get speed bonus of 100 km/h.

Really?.

Actually I'm not even sure that you really need the one tile of 110 km/h track at all...