News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Diorama

Started by iorso, December 04, 2008, 03:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorso

I'm writing to propose Simutrans for another purpose also.
It could be useful for drawing train dioramas.
To have an idea of train dioramas you could visit: http://www.wintrack.de
Simutrans could be better of "wintrack" because it can show also the motion of the trains.
Could you make some little tweaks in Simutrans and let me use it as a CAD for dioramas?
Just few changes:
1) remove or ignore the game-mode (AI multiplayer, money/bankrupt, time...)
2) allow the user to draw (create) the cities, insert or delete building and/or factories...
That's all and you will have a perfet diorama cad!

VS

Both are already in!

With freeplay or beginner mode, money and bankrupcy can be ignored. And when you switch to public player (symbolizing government), you can build landscape elements.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

marioxcc

The problem is than simutrans in not in real 3D, is only isometric, it no seem to change.

vilvoh

IMHO, that's not as important as it seems. Would be a good point to have a clear view of possible technical details, but If you just need a general view of the Diorama, Simutrans is not a bad choice. You can add as many addons as you wish, change textures, use different sizes to add more detail,etc.. so in terms of graphics, it's completly customizable to your needs.

Do you have in mind building any Diorama, iorso?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

iorso

I'm not going to built a diorama yet... (I have few space in my apartment).
So Simutrans could be a good alternative for my dreams....
Thanks

vilvoh

Jeje...another frustrated fan of models that joins to our community. You're not alone... ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...