News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Problem quitting Simutrans

Started by alexbaettig, February 17, 2012, 09:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

Hi everyone,
This is not as it may seem the first simutrans-addiction related topic ;) !
No it is rather a technical problem I have right now with the 17th February nightly. It is a bit strange and I'm not sure as I cannot reproduce it with another pakset than pak128.britain. The problem is that when I try quitting simutrans the usual way (button "quit") it just will not work.
What I get is a stuck program and in the console which is opened as usual at the beginning I get:
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
sim-macintel(97050,0xaca0b2c0) malloc: *** error for object 0xfcd608c: pointer being freed was not allocated

I play it with Mac OSX Lion (10.7.3) and the only method of quitting is to force quit "terminal" as force quitting simutrans won't work...
Maybe someone can help...

ras52

Looks like either a double destruction or a memory corruption.  I imagine it is related to the bugs being discussed in this thread.
Richard Smith

alexbaettig

It sure looks like what was discussed in the thread you linked but remember I'm talking about standard-simutrans whilst there there seems to be a problem with simutrans-experimental judging of what I gathered...

ras52

Quote from: alexbaettig on February 17, 2012, 11:35:27 PM
It sure looks like what was discussed in the thread you linked but remember I'm talking about standard-simutrans whilst there there seems to be a problem with simutrans-experimental judging of what I gathered...

It's true that we're only (mostly?) seeing the problems in Experimental, but the problems that have been identified so far have all been in code common to both Standard and Experimental.
Richard Smith

Dwachs

I think this report is fixed in r 5344, you have to wait until nightly compiles again.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

alexbaettig

Yep, now there is no problem with this. Problem solved... move topic.