News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

bug in r5358 - only first factory rotation used

Started by VS, February 18, 2012, 10:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Original report: When city growth spawns a new end consumer, it is built always in first rotation, if it has even size (NxN). This does not happen if the industry is constructed manually.

If I read the code right...
1) The hierarchy of calls responsible for this is fabrikbauer_t::baue_hierarchie and then platzsucher_t::suche_platz.
2) Rotations after the first two are ignored entirely? (Rotation is passed as bool :-/ )
3) This happens only for factories in city, that are constructed by game itself. But not only end consumers.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

It seems that standard orientation is prefered by the implementation.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Dwachs

VS

Tested, and it seems to work as intended. Thanks! Of course only the first two rotations are selected, but one can't want everything handed on a silver plate... :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

If there are 4 possible rotations, then also all 4 rotations can be build. In my tests with pak128.Britain, factories in all 4 rotations were generated.

VS

ARGH, I have been fooled! The pak I got as a test for 4 rotations contained only two :o I guess this is solved :D

Dwachs