News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Class diagram for ding_t

Started by isidoro, March 04, 2012, 10:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isidoro

This is a class diagram for ding_t.  Although it is intended for software engineers/coders, it can more o less be understood by everyone.

One of the things I learned doing it is that for ST, a runway is a track...   :D

Another question for the German people around here that also wondered while doing it: does Claudia Schiffer mean in English Claudia The Sailorette?

And a link with a .pdf...  But I would try to print it in A3 at least...  ;)
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/dings.pdf.zip

Combuijs

QuoteAnother question for the German people around here that also wondered while doing it: does Claudia Schiffer mean in English Claudia The Sailorette?

I'm not German, but Schiffer means someone who steers a ship, e.g. a captain, bargeman or (in sound most close) skipper.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Ashley

Very useful :) How about one for the GUI classes?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

Schiene are all stuff, that is reservable ... In old days it was only tram and tracks.

And pumpe_t and senke_t should sync_stepable, while a lietungs should not. Only delivery of power should need constant action, transmission should be passive.

gebaeude_t is sync_steppable.

isidoro

Thanks, Prissi, I will correct the errors once more feedback arrives.
Quote from: prissi on March 05, 2012, 09:17:33 AM
[...]
And pumpe_t and senke_t should sync_stepable, while a lietungs should not. Only delivery of power should need constant action, transmission should be passive.
[...]

In fact they are, since they inherit from lietung.  I only marked direct inheritance.  One question, though, all factories, attractions and city buildings use gebaude_t?

@Timothy: I agree.  When looking for abstract classes the other place where I found lots of them was in GUI elements.  Besides, Markohs would benefit for such a diagram in his CEGUI port.  Go ahead, I think it is worth the effort...

@Combuijs: my dream!  Sailing the big ocean with Claudia by my side...  Stopping here and there, now this tropical beach, then wherever,...  8)

prissi

Maybe we shoudl change inheritance. I think nowadays even pumpe_t does not need sync_stepable any more.

Dwachs

Indeed, only senke_t implements the sync_steppable interface, but not pumpe_t.

Quote from: isidoro on March 05, 2012, 01:43:50 PM
One question, though, all factories, attractions and city buildings use gebaude_t?
Yes. Each single tile covered by such a building carries a gebaude_t object. The code for factories is however independent of gebaude_t.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Markohs

Quote from: isidoro on March 05, 2012, 01:43:50 PM
@Timothy: I agree.  When looking for abstract classes the other place where I found lots of them was in GUI elements.  Besides, Markohs would benefit for such a diagram in his CEGUI port.  Go ahead, I think it is worth the effort...

Yes indee, whould be very useful to me. I already redesigned gui_frame_t to be a gui_frame_templated and action listeners and sender are embedded there, but I think I'll need to re-design them completely soon, because I think I didn't made the correct decisions. I'd like to keep gui_frame_t, but I think it's incompatible with templated windows.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.