News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Infrastructure provider

Started by killwater, March 10, 2012, 08:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killwater

Hello
Is it possible to turn off infrastructure building for AI? I would like to leave maitaining fleet to CPU and only build infrastructure. Thanks to way tolls it is possible now to fund such an activity but AI is making a lot of unintended, messy roads and tracks.

jamespetts

I am not quite sure what you mean here - are you referring to the roads that are built when a town grows, or roads and railways built by AI players? If the latter, what exactly would AI players do if they were unable to build any infrastructure?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

killwater

I'm referring to roads, rail etc. build by AI. They would maitain schedules and vehicle fleets. And maybe build stops on roads but not necessarily rail stations. Like for example in my country private transport companies rarely build any infrastructure - almost all is state financed and maintained. In this scenario AI will always use city or my infrastructure and pay as in way toll config.

jamespetts

Ahh - the AI is really very basic, and it would take a gargantuan amount of work to make it more sophisticated. I generally do not recommend using AI players, but instead playing online using the server.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

As long as vehicles drive and money is put to my account I don't mind :) So there is no possibility to turn off building for AI?

jamespetts

The AI doesn't know how to do anything than the very specific set of things that it does now, so, if one were to stop it from building, it would do nothing at all. One can, of course, simply not use the AI at all.

prissi

If you manually build faster road connections were needed, the waybuilder will automatically use these (even more if they have less bends or slopes). The AI will still build mostly useless infrastructure, but will happily drive on your roads.

killwater

And I won't be able build proper infrastructure due to garbage infrastructure which I cannot destroy. I tried it and it didn't work well. There was so many roads it become impossible to make any improvements.
So it should be considered impossible for now at least.

jamespetts

I really don't recommend using the AI.