News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

111.2.1 (r5434) Bug: supply of different types of factory with only one supplier

Started by huperspace, March 17, 2012, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huperspace

supplying different types of factory with only one supplier don't work as it should

A example:

coal mine supplies (coal plant &  cement factory) with 2 rail lines on one railway

the first rail goes from coal mine to coal power plant

the second from the same coal mine to cement factory

if one train is loaded by the coal mine and drives to destination 2 (cement factory) , trains for the destination 1 (coal plant) weren't loaded until the one train reached his destination 2 and was unloaded

omikron

You mean, the coal for the power plant is waiitng at the station and not loading until the coal for the cement factory has been delivered?

Do the two trains share large sections of the track?

omikron

huperspace

right  :)

Quote from: omikron on March 17, 2012, 08:31:55 PM
You mean, the coal for the power plant is waiitng at the station and not loading until the coal for the cement factory has been delivered?

The trainway looks as follows:
it's a one way direction railway , that means i have one from soure to destination and one from destination to soure

each 6times there is a signal 

___[station]_________________________[station]_________________________________[station]___
        |    coral mine                     <- train 1,2       coal power plant   \                            <-   train2     cement fatory  |
        |_______________________________________________/____________________________________|
                                                    ->   train 1,2                                                             -> train 2

omikron

I suspect that the train for the power plant reserves some track, which the other train would need to use. Do you use signals?

If you press 'B' you'll see the sections of the track that are reserved.

omikron

huperspace

Quote from: omikron on March 17, 2012, 08:50:24 PM
I suspect that the train for the power plant reserves some track, which the other train would need to use. Do you use signals?

If you press 'B' you'll see the sections of the track that are reserved.

omikron

I've normal singnals and the are working, when i press b only the track to the next signal is reserved

if i drive train 2 without waggons it works
if i drive train 2 with waggons (all my trains have 8 and long enough station) it doesn't work

i forgot

if train 2 is back to coal mine and train 1 isn't at coal plant - train 2 also waits and not loading until train 1 reaches coal plant

(if train 1 and train 2 are more trains, it's equal)

omikron

I'm sorry, then I think you have exhausted my distance-diagnosing skills.

What do you mean by 'it works when the train has no waggons'? What happens if the train has waggons? Do they not load, does the train wait for clearance, does it get stuck or just nothing?

omikron

huperspace

if the train has waggons it says (if the bug occurs) [waiting for loading 0% of 100% ]
if not there isn't anything to load (no waggons, no space) and so the train drives through the station (not waiting at station for loading)

coal mine has 8000t coal stored enough for +50 trains at ones

i noticed if a coal mine is linked with elect. power from power plant and if the elect. power don't is the full 100% the coal mine needs then there is no loading from coal mine
i noticed also that it is the same with passengers and mail , if a number of passengers or mails is exceeded

i think the bug is more complex than i anybody thought :o

omikron

The best way to solve this is probably for you to upload your savegame, then somebody can have a look and find the reasonf or this faulty behaviour. You can do that for exaample at http://files.simutrans-germany.com/

omikron

huperspace

thx, so there is the buggy savegame:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/coalmine_bug.sve

the railway is south-east
the small train with 3waggons and 2 with 8 are train 1
2 or more are train 2

you have to wait a time before the bug happens at coal mine

omikron

I see:

Every goods have destinations in simutrans. The coal that's waiting at Freiburg Nordwestsiedlung is all bound for Freiburg Wald - and not for Mannheim Zementfabrik. Therefore, your train to Mannheim won't load, because there is no coal waiting for Mannheim.

You have two options:
1. increase the station storage area (a couple of 'Güterhalle' should do the trick.)
2. transport even more coal to the Kohlekraftwerk, so that the coal to the Zementfabrik is not obstructed by that going to the Kohlekraftwerk.

omikron

Edit: actually, option 2 is not an option, as I see in the savegame

TurfIt

Thanks for the savegame, such strange behaviour is impossible to track without it.

The recall of overfull goods at the coal mine station is being triggered by the coal delivery to the coal power plant. Definitely not intuitive/desired.

huperspace

I see,

but why does the coal havn't 2 ways like 50% to cement and 50 to power

as i see it canges the coal destination 2 or more times and whenn the destination is coal power and only cement trains are in station their aren't loaded

i will follow your options omikron

thx option "güterhall" work

i placed 2 "gütterhallen" and now it shows up that 500+ goes to cement and 600+ to coal power
but why doesn't it work without, shouldn't it half coal power half cement

or does power plan reseves 500+ coal for him
and the cement equal

and thats the cause?

how can i delearate this treat as solved?

Mod note: please try not to double-post. Edit your last comment instead.
~IgorEliezer

IgorEliezer

Quote from: huperspace on March 17, 2012, 10:16:37 PM
how can i delearate this treat as solved?
Don't need.

If this threat doesn't cause any harm, why should it be deleted?

And, welcome to the community.

omikron

But Igor: maybe you should move the thread  to 'help requests'. Unless TurfIt really means that this issue really qualifies as a bug.

and huperspace: welcome to the community!

omikron

Dwachs

Quote from: huperspace on March 17, 2012, 10:09:21 PM
as i see it canges the coal destination 2 or more times and whenn the destination is coal power and only cement trains are in station their aren't loaded
This happens if the station is filled to its capacity. Largely increasing station capacity will make this behavior go away.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

TurfIt

Yes I did really mean this qualifies as a bug, and it appears finally fixed with r5902...