News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Screenshots of PAK128.german

Started by michelstadt, March 23, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Quote from: pumuckl999 on May 15, 2017, 05:10:24 AM
I have no time to play other games :).

And the models are not real good: Sometimes faces missed, you can´t see in simutrans, for 3D-games I would spend more time for creating the textures and more details in mesh and the scale for our pakset is not 1:1.
I've asked because there are some details in the texture of the 3D model that are already very small.

pumuckl999

That are (texture)parts from different templates. For a better 3D Model I would create myself (not only) signs in the photoeditor. In every case one vehicle has one texture, not two or more textures with different resolutions (for material, often I use also specular, normal map and/or Ambient Occlusion).

For example this BR101: I think for a good model I would need ~3 days or more, only for the loco.
With the lower resolution parts of texture and lower polycount I have created today this loco and the wagon. And in simutrans, in a 128.pakset the difference between the renderings of this models and a better version is insignificant... I hope :).

ampersand

Keep high quality models for Pak1024.German

pumuckl999

Today,....I don´t know the right translation, is it cauldron wagons?

Vladki

I think that "tank wagons" is what you are looking for. Anyway, very nice models. ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

An_dz

You can also call it a tanker, though you can call any liquids carrying vehicle that way. (planes, trucks, ships etc.)

pumuckl999

Thank you - school is out too long :) - if I hear "tank" I suggest a military vehicle.

Here comes two wagons for cereals:

pumuckl999

Night is too short, to create no vehicles :).

pumuckl999

I have to play some days, but I need a mail-Wagon therefor :):

ampersand

Quote from: pumuckl999 on May 18, 2017, 11:30:40 PM

Is it view angle, perspective, or locomotives are always shorter on game screenshots than on models you attach here?

pumuckl999

More than enough played, time to create new stuff :).

pumuckl999

Sry, have not seen before: Yes, rail-vehicles (not only locos) ingame are shorter than the 3D-models. The scale of the vehicles ingame is so high, that in other case long vehicles would be too long for one field. Before Rendering for Simutrans I scale the lenght to 3/4. And width is a liitle more than 1:1.
Older vehicles from TonyBz use an other scale...

Rail car for fright: You could attach every wagon, but the engine is not very powerful.

pumuckl999

You can also attach a few wagons:

pumuckl999

A park for green cities - works like a fence (no pax, no mail):

ampersand

Looks elegant. And requires large buildings with lots of passenger and mail around to be affordable 2¢ per month - as much as track or road.

pumuckl999

Yes, but it´s cheaper as the wall. And maybe michelstadt or NNW want to change the costs. It´s only my suggestion.

Here an other one, a skater-park:

ampersand

pumuckl999

But it´s also not a curiosity, works like the park as wall/ fence.

Here a new Headquarter:

pumuckl999

ampersand

I like the track, but wonder if there is not too much contrast on the white/green barrier at sides of the bridge when sun lights it directly.

pumuckl999

In my max-model it´s lightblue, the green will come from the ground. It´s the rendering, only some parts missed and I fixed this part in my fotoeditor. Maybe some day I can change the contrast of the barrier. At the moment makie from the german forum has any wishes to complete the timeline, I try to came true.

For example a shipdepot and quay for the earlier years:

Depot is animated, ship above turns about 360 degrees in seven steps.

pumuckl999

Some new locos, Alstom H3 and Vossloh G400B:

ampersand

pumuckl999

A new habour for 256 passengers:

But you don´t need it atm, you are playing version 0.10.2 ;).

ampersand

pumuckl999

For both, has no retire_year, intro_year is 1903. A fright-habour is meanwile also finished with intro_year 1900.

And a new ship exist:

I have to remember myself, that some ships need a better alignment....

pumuckl999

pumuckl999

Cargosprinter with different freight images:

I´m not shure, if my translation is right/ same as ingame:

green for:
books
cams
paper
textile
wafer

light blue for:
chemical
drugs

brown for:
printing ink
varnish
plastic

darker blue for:
machines
computer

yellow for:
bakery products
beer
tinned food
eggs
marzipan
flour
fruits
southern fruits
wine
wool
sugar

purple for:
concrete component
glass
furniture
cement

Leartin

Quote from: ampersand on August 07, 2017, 08:48:07 AM
Will this vehicle be introduced?
You are linking to the 690/691 - I'd say those are the vehicles on both ends in the screens? So I'd say yes, both forward and backward.

pumuckl999

As I started, I didn´t know, that existing two versions, one from Windhoff, other from Talbot. But during modelling I was confused, because I found some differences between used drawing and some images...

We have now the version 690,5 :D. Ingame it also named only "cargosprinter" without version-number.

Didn´t know, if this is also interesting:

I found also little difference between front-wagon and endwagen. But in my model and in the png I use only the front-wagen (endwagon is created by jumping four imagenumbers in the dat and a little offset).

Middlewagon is not a new creation. It´s an existing bulk-wagon with little changing in texture and scale.

I´ve used 144 single images for all rotations in all colors.
We could increase that to [27(kinds of bulk)+1(empty)]*8(rotations)*2(frontwagon+middlewagon)+32(8rotations for frozen and liquid goods on FW and MW)=480 single images, if we want separate color for every bulk good.
Or 720, if we also want a real endwagon with own graphics in the png.

But I have to finish a new wagon, maybe for animals, bulk and cereals:

pumuckl999

Gleiskraftwagen SKL26 (i will not try to translate with my english-knowledge :)):

pumuckl999

Maybe you will find some news...

ampersand

Townhall, billboards, residential buildings.

pumuckl999

Sometimes I did´nt know myself, which objects already in the released version and which are new.
Maybe that´s not all -

image1: railzeppelin, containerwagon (in this screenshot with green and orange containers)
image2: billboard, new city-tunnel, snowplow in front of Alstom H3, passenger wagon AB4ü23a behind Alstom H3

Townhall is ingame since....Version0.8(?) but you can see it only in some climatic zones and it´s the highest level of this townhall, your city need 25K citizens :).