News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Screenshots of PAK128.german

Started by michelstadt, March 23, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelstadt

PAK128.german has double hights. This allows interesting landscapes.

KneeOn

Those are really good - they are very imposing!

Are those rendered or painted?

pumuckl999

All my objects are rendered, also the snow for buildings.
But colours for the night view are painted, because lights and shadows would change these special colours.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Still looking fantastic!

But I also wanted to say how hilarious it is to see such large buildings... by dirt roads. lol. Intentional humour, or just happenstance? :)

pumuckl999

Its only for the screenshots, created from an existing game. I often prebuild roads as dirt roads in my games. And if I place the buildings for screenshots, the roads can´t update :).

For lvl 8 and 6:

- statues from archive3d.net -

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alte_Kanzlei_(Stuttgart)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/AHW_Weingrosshandlung_Gotthelf_Kuehne_Leipzig_um_1925.jpg

RealAmerican1776

May I make a suggestion? I think it would be neat if you could find stuff from Germania, Hitler's post-war plan for rebuilding Berlin. They have that giant concert hall that they said could have produced it's own weather. For those who want do alternate history. I think that would be pretty cool.

pumuckl999

No:
I only create objetcs, that exist or at least if exist a chance, that they will build in future. But I can´t suggest, that somebody will build buildings from Germania in Germany.
"Big hall" was planned with a diameter from 250m. So you need 13x13 fields in our pakset to realize that building. So far as I know, simutrans can place buildings up to 16x16 fields. But if the buildings are bigger, it´s harder for the game to find a right place (climatic zone, roughness).

I think myself 6x6 fields should be the max size for a building.

And... next building will have a size from 6x6 :).

Next time I want to create some buildings from Chemnitz in Sachsen. There exist for example any old interesting factories. First will be (a part of) the spinning mill "Schaefer". A part of this factory still exist btw.

Very early screenshot:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Gro%C3%9Findustrie_Sachsen_T1_0189.jpg

ampersand

RealAmerican1776

Quote from: ampersand on June 26, 2021, 08:07:27 PMsteel furniture

?
In old beds they had steel bars holding up the top which had a sheet over it. Plus some have steel legs instead of wood.

Combuijs

Both are lovely!

Quotea fairy

It is a ferry. A fairy tale is "ein Märchen"...  :)

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Mariculous

Can we please get a fairly fair-haired fairy on the ferry?
Like that but on the ferry :P
https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1023398296/thumb/1.jpg
(not sure about copyright concerns when using the img tag, so It's better not to do it...)

pumuckl999

Oh thanks :).

But it could be a "Märchen". I´ve forgetten the "h". Real name is "Fehmarnsund".
Even if you cant´t read the little signs in ST, I will create new renderings: purple for general cargo is terrible and the ferry is too big ingame. Maybe I´ve used a temp file with wrong cam settings...

pumuckl999

Steamtram from Munich and a quay as harbour:

Ranran(retired)

ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

pumuckl999

Maybe, I´m not an expert for trams. And many types got a rebuild in and after WWII.

An other tram and a lighthouse. Light blinks red in two directions and green in other directions.

pumuckl999

Three parted quay and pier with animated flags:

pumuckl999

pumuckl999

R-wagon from tram in Frankfurt, a railcar from 1938 and a fright wagon for cattle: