News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

r2167 - compile errors

Started by jamespetts, December 15, 2008, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I downloaded and tried to compile r2167, but it refused to compile due to some syntax errors in umgebung.cc and einstellugen.cc. I fixed those syntax errors, and was going to release a patch, but, whenever I tried to load a pakset, the program would crash with an access violation whenever it tried to select the appropriate language. When I used Visual C++'s debugging features to step the code beyond that, it selected a default language other than English, but I was able to set it back to English with no problem. However, the same "dark map" error as I reported for r2166 here occurred. I have reverted to r2165 for the time being.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VS

I tried with 2168 and yes, it stops on lanuages... but something else is the problem. Delete default.sve and display.sve and it should run.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Quote from: VS on December 16, 2008, 08:03:29 PM
I tried with 2168 and yes, it stops on lanuages... but something else is the problem. Delete default.sve and display.sve and it should run.

Interesting. Is the dark map error now solved?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

VS

Sorry, I don't really know; I haven't followed bugs for a while and right now is a rather confusing time...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Quote from: VS on December 16, 2008, 09:35:25 PM
Sorry, I don't really know; I haven't followed bugs for a while and right now is a rather confusing time...

You can't miss the dark map error if you run the compiled code - the map is completely black apart from the permanent bright pixels.

prissi