News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

My contributions to Simutrans

Started by I_was_Spike, April 15, 2012, 01:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_was_Spike

Since people started to count lines of code to find out how much I actually contributed to Simutrans. I want to say something about that, too.

I was coding, painting, I wrote a manual, maintained the website and did all public communication. So if you only count lines of code, you do not cover all of my contributions, and it might look like a minor part, because I had to split my time between all of those tasks.

prissi

A very short answer to this: Nobody will deny that you are the father of simutrans and did contribute most of the work until end of 2004. Actually, I did not start with the suggestion of couting code. I did thia merely to unsuccessful end the stupid thitforthat. However, fact can be bowed in either direction, so in hindsight this was stupid.

Maybe I gave the worng impression, by we had loosely contact, not beyond an email a year in 2009 to 2011. (Which may be even more than most other in the forum ... ) For the old team, I had only contact to Hendrik Siegeln, and you forwarded a single email from Volker Meyer. This part of coding history is guesswork from history.txt, and I thank you for clarification.

One the pakset, I think many are not available of the fact that you even drew good parts of pak64 twice, one in 8 bit and once in 16 bit colormaps. I could very well relate with that, as I did pak64.japn and the initial parts of pak.german. (In this, I had great help from MHz for the images, as I cannot really draw beyond a little pixel pushing.) Again, this statement was not in any way diminishing your contributions and foundations.

I really respect most of your work and ideas. If the discussion would have stayed that calm a ban would not have been needed at all.