News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

r2382- Stop moving tool don't work on public

Started by z9999, March 13, 2009, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999

r2382
Stop moving tool don't work on public stations or waypoint on public ways.

I didn't play simutrans for a long time. So, I don't know when this was changed.
Is this intended ? Old behavior allowed for public, too.

This ownership checking should be the same as schedule tool, in my thought.

prissi

It would change only public schedules. This is most probably not intended behaviour ... I will have a look at it.

whoami

The stop-mover (AKA "replace stop") refuses to work for origin stops that are placed on inter-city roads. Those belong to public authority - maybe change that anyway to "no owner" (same as city roads)? Replacing works for city roads and user roads. (EDIT: the same applies to waypoints.)

By the way, the stop-mover does not give feedback about its changes. The number of affected vehicles/lines could be shown (string floating away like revenue visualization, or a message).

Isaac Eiland-Hall

That *would* be nice to have some sort of visual feedback that it did something.

Same could be said of the factory connector, for that matter. :)

whoami

Quote from: z9999 on April 07, 2009, 06:09:57 AM
I reported this at here. http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1692.0
Oh yes. The forum's search function still gives a hard time using it (maybe Isaac's config change applies only to new posts).

=> topics merged.

whoami

Update after tests with r2422: this topic seems to be about two different bugs/limitations. The first (stop-mover does not work for public stations) seems to have been solved, but the second one (stop-mover does not work for player stations and waypoints on public roads) is still there - at least, clicking on the first tile does not give the expected visual feedback.

(edit: corrected wrong patch number)

z9999

Quote from: whoami on April 16, 2009, 01:18:57 PM
The first (stop-mover does not work for public stations) seems to have been solved,

No, not yet.

whoami

I tested the first case in one situation, and replacing the stop worked for the vehicles of the user that I called it from. I don't think it is supposed to work for other players' vehicles.
What circumstances are needed to make it fail?

z9999

This is very strange and sometimes happen and sometimes don't happen.
It's not only for public stop but also own stop.

Sometimes moving from own stop or public stop to other player's stop will success, it shoul not happen.
Sometimes moving from own stop or public stop to own stop will not success, it shoul not happen.

I build all stops on cityroad.

Problem is ...
When I click own stop or public stop on cityroad, owner refused this.
When I click other player's stop on cityroad, owner don't refused this.

I don't know you can reproduced this or not.

Load test_01.sve and click 1-B and 2-B. Both of them will be refused.
Load test_02.sve and click 1-B and 2-B. Both of them will be accepted.

These are same game, I loaded test_01.sve and saved it as test_02.sve.

whoami

I get the described funny behaviour with your savegames (with rev.2422). Strange indeed, but the savegames may allow to analyze it.

(edit: corrected wrong patch number)

prissi

It seems to check who covers the rectangle in question and not the stop directly.