News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[PAK 128 vehicle release] italian electric loco E636

Started by neldot, April 20, 2012, 12:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neldot

This is still a beta release, because the dimensions are not perfect, but the engine is fully playable and, i hope, the stats are balanced for the game. This engine fills also a gap in the pak128, because until the late 50s there are no high-speed electric locos available.

The FS (Ferrovie dello Stato - State Railways) E636 was a very successful class of italian articulated electric locomotives.
They were introduced in 1940 and produced until 1962, staying in service until 2006.

Cheap to produce and mantain, very reliable and powerful for their times, the 469 units produced of the E636 CLASS have been one of the most numerous Italian locomotive group.
They have been widely employed during their long career, hauling every type of train, ranging from freight to short range and long range passenger services. Their introduction also saw the employment of some revolutionary (for the time) design concepts, such as the articulated carbody (pivoting on the central bogie) and the three bogies scheme with two motors for each bogie.

Instructions: download both the pak files into your pak128 directory (E636.pak is the front and E636_b.pak is the back).
Enjoy it!  :)

Milko

Hello

Nice to see a bit of Italian material ...  :) compliments.

Giuseppe

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

neldot

Thank you Giuseppe and VS, and forgive me if the drawings are not perfect (I hope to enhance them in a future version).  ;)

I hope that other italian railway fans, more skilled than me in drawing, follow the example and submit their creations!
It's a pity that there are almost no italian trains available in pak128.

Antonello AKA Neldot

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!