Author Topic: Playing with the ground  (Read 15172 times)

Offline VS

• Senior Plumber (Devotee)
  • Vladimír Slávik
    • VS's Simutrans site
  • Languages: CS,EN
Re: Playing with the ground
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
dekema - What you want is impossible, as of now.

I just realized that the two tiles on HDomos' screenshot have indeed different heights. A single tile has single height information. The slopes you can normally see are actually a sort of overlay, dependent on situation to front/back. But the basic height underneath is still there. Apparently, here the water tile is actually at water level, and has a slope that makes it behave like ground, while the mine has a flat foundation that raises the "effective tile base" one level higher. An open question is if using the slopes for wall calculation would be too hard, I guess...

edit: I realized something else :D One has to be careful about where the wall belongs to - what is its "home" tile! The one in front, or the one in the back? That might affect this, too. Also explains the behaviour of up/down slope tools a bit.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Offline greenling

• Lounger
  • Simutransarchology it my hobby!
  • Languages: DE,EN
Re: Playing with the ground
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »
VS
The basement form fabio looks nice out but in the future looks those Basement crasy out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!