The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: All info in signal window  (Read 19046 times)

Offline Ves

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN, SV, DK
Re: All info in signal window
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »
Great, hope you like it!
No, I have no access to the simutranslator!

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
In which case, may I suggest that you ask Mackie to gain access to this? This will be helpful whenever you add GUI features as well as if you ever wanted to maintain the Swedish translation.

Once you have access, you can add the base texts to Simutranslator yourself.

Offline Ves

• Devotee
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »
True, I will look into getting that acces. In the mean time, could you perhaps upload it so we dont forget it?

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2019, 09:29:59 PM »
Done.

Offline Ves

• Devotee
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2019, 08:08:50 AM »
Great, thanks. I just got response from Makie, that a limit of three accounts can upload basefiles for extended, and those three are all taken. So until that limit is expanded, Im afraid I will have to ask you to upload the basefiles for me.

Offline Matthew

• Languages: EN, some ZH, DE & SQ
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »
Also, as mentioned earlier, there is a new button in the window that will open up the info window of the connected signalbox and set that as the "default signalbox" from which to buy new signals.
And also, the feature of showing the next signal, junction, or end of line, in the signal window. It has the limitations I outlined earlier in the thread.

Yesterday I used these new Quality of Life features for the first time and they saved a lot of clicking, so thank you! Planning & buildings signal can be complicated, but it's easier when you don't have to keep hunting for the right signalbox.

Offline Phystam jp

• Pak256.Ex developer
  • Languages: JP, EN, EO
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2019, 05:19:22 AM »
I translated these translatable texts of this patch into Japanese.

Offline Ves

• Devotee
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »
Im happy you found it useful! :)

I have now also looked into the possibility of having it display on the ground like pressing the "V" key for stations, and unfortunately that is working the same way I realize.
However, I am looking into a method of displaying a ring of tiles by marking them individually and not as a clump. If it works, that might be a possibility, perhaps also for displaying coverage radius when building signalboxes/signals. Note that the ring for big coverage radiuses would be pretty big and out of screen if too big...

Offline Ves

• Devotee
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/signalbox-range-display

If you click the clickbox, the range of the currently selected signalbox will be displayed on the ground like in the picture above. The cross on the ground is to show which signalbox the circle is surrounding. Usefull especially for larger signal box ranges, where you cannot zoom out to get a view of the entire range circle. The cross could even made to grow when the range is bigger to help locate the signalbox, alternatively extend all the way out to the circle.
Should be ready for integration.

Offline Matthew

• Languages: EN, some ZH, DE & SQ
« Reply #149 on: Yesterday at 12:28:25 AM »

https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/signalbox-range-display

If you click the clickbox, the range of the currently selected signalbox will be displayed on the ground like in the picture above. The cross on the ground is to show which signalbox the circle is surrounding. Usefull especially for larger signal box ranges, where you cannot zoom out to get a view of the entire range circle. The cross could even made to grow when the range is bigger to help locate the signalbox, alternatively extend all the way out to the circle.
Should be ready for integration.

Amazing work, Ves! That's a really useful Quality of Life feature for Extended. Thank you for your work on this!