News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

128.simutrans.com - a new start

Started by VS, March 01, 2009, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hi,
I finally got round to making the site work, up to date and all that. It is now ultra-small (single page), while it still uses a spinoff of the original design. The motivation was simple - get it up again!

http://128.simutrans.com/

Any ideas? I may later slowly adapt some of the texts and pages used before.

But, IMHO...
QuoteIt is time we started considering the project as a whole again.
(This was in one Hajo's post; I can't find it again, maybe he deleted it.)
I think this opinion describes perfectly how I feel about these pages. Why another site, when there is already the new main homepage for the whole of Simutrans? That's why I am reluctant to revive the old pages in all their glory.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

great, this is a start.
in my opinion the graphics should be the same of main simutrans.com site and most of non pak specific texts should be replaced by links to main simutrans home. (this could apply also for the nice page of pak96.comic).

the almighty snark

Looks great! Maybe you could move the news under the logo and the main content under the text next to the logo, so it aligns better. :)

Michael 'Cruzer'

There's a small mistake in this text:
QuoteAre you missing an object that was in old versions, but has been removed, such as a factory? Can't load old savewgame? Try the compatibility pack which includes backup of these objects.

And I think some screenshot would be nice!

Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Lmallet

Quote from: VS on March 01, 2009, 03:57:10 PM
But, IMHO...(This was in one Hajo's post; I can't find it again, maybe he deleted it.)
I think this opinion describes perfectly how I feel about these pages. Why another site, when there is already the new main homepage for the whole of Simutrans? That's why I am reluctant to revive the old pages in all their glory.
I am thinking the same thing...  does pak128 need its own page?  I can see a need for it if pak maintainers want to give out news or info about it, but otherwise, it is just a page with links which are already available on the main page. 

My two cents :)

VS

Cruzer: Thanks, fixed.

Lmallet: yes.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

I'm thinking as Lmallet, plus : the page isn't very nice  :-\
I think Simutrans' forum is enough.

VS

Forum sucks for people who come and want to learn what is something. (But the page does not really say, either...)

Zeno

Quote from: VS on March 03, 2009, 09:45:58 PM
Forum sucks for people who come and want to learn what is something. (But the page does not really say, either...)
Well, I think the first sentence is a truth. And also the second (but easier to solve).

VS