News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Sound effect mute MIDI music

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, December 05, 2017, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

I love the simutrans´s sounds effects but i dont know why always that some effect sound appear, the music
automaticaly mute!!! This bug appear in some paks & version of simutrans when i point with the magnifying glass a convoi that it drops his passengers, mail or goods to its final station/stop (or the money effect sound), when the sound appear, this effect mute the music played at this moment and forever exept when i close and reopen the game.

The Argentian (Argentina Empire).
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

Ters

I've never heard of complete muting of music, but I do know that on Windows, with the plain Windows backend (not SDL), the program-wide volume is changed when the volume of sound effects is set. (This was different in earlier Windows versions, I think. Or maybe it has something to do with no hardware MIDI.) This is due to the basic sound API Simutrans uses on Windows not having an option for setting volume per sound. Windows has other, newer sound APIs, but several of them are much more difficult to use. The most promising one is not available when using mingw64 to build Simutrans, so I haven't been able to look into that.

(Nor do I play with in-game music, or sound effects, so I don't feel much need to either.)

ROCAMBOLER529

if you want i can give you more details: the MIDI music mute in every sound effect (not only the money effect sound) but the music didnt mute into the first effect that it appeared. For example some days ago i tried to use the sound effect with the MIDI music and 5 minutes later the MIDI music turned off automatically!!!
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)