The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Some waiting times not updating on bridgewater-brunel  (Read 130 times)

Offline freddyhayward au

• Languages: EN
Some waiting times not updating on bridgewater-brunel
« on: July 06, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
I can't find a way to reliably reproduce this issue, however one current example is at Aldinghall Junction 3389,811 on the bridgewater-brunel server. At some point (I believe well over 2 game-years ago) a disruption on a particular line caused waiting times for that line to rise drastically, and many of these times have not changed since despite a frequency upgrade. The waiting time for trains to most stations on the line is 5:18 given the frequency of 10:39. However there are major outliers including Nutingwest (4:10:54 hours), Bloxingpike (4:05:30), and Staningsea Junction (34:30 minutes) and a few others on 7:54, which was the original waiting time before the disruption and frequency upgrade.
Travel times generally seem correct, and I have ruled out overcrowding as a factor as the trains are usually well below seated capacity.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: Some waiting times not updating on bridgewater-brunel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 10:54:41 AM »
Thank you for the report. At present, I am not able to run the Bridgewater-Brunel saved game on my own computer, as I have had to disable some of the memory modules because they were faulty, and it no longer has enough memory to be able to run this game. I am planning to upgrade my computer in a few weeks' time. Until then, I will not be able to diagnose any reported issue where the only reproduction case is the Bridgewater-Brunel server game.

In the meantime, if anyone could either find a reproduction case for this issue in a smaller saved game or find the problem itself in the code, that would be much appreciated.