News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Cursor misalignment

Started by wlindley, August 14, 2021, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Sometime in the past several weeks, the new builds have resulted in a misalignment of the cursor.  In this screenshot, the mouse cursor was at the location shown by the ✭ but the outlined (selected) tile is to the lower-left, and the highlighted-background icon is one "height level" above that.
Any idea what has gone wrong?  This is quite frustrating to use.

jamespetts

I must confess, I am having some trouble in reproducing this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

RealAmerican1776

I have the same issue. If you zoom in, the cursor will realign itself and zoom on where the cursor's suppose to be.

prissi

THat happens in standard as well. Unfortunately zooing out or moving the map slight ly resets this and makes it hard to reproduce.

Roboron

0 - Starting at a zoom level with no issue.
1 - I zoom in. Cursor misaligned to the top.
2 - I zoom in again. Cursor misaligned to the top.
3 - I zoom in again. Now cursor is on the right place, but the outline is misaligned to the top (see image).
4 - I zoom in again (max zoom). Same as 3.

Moving the map does not fix it, I have to go back to 0. But it also happens to me that moving the cursor leaves artifacts on the terrain.

Matthew

I also experience this, just as described by Roboron. Perhaps worth noting that I am using Linux, in case this is somehow OS-specific.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

ceeac

So far, I've found that the bug happens on r9982 and up, but only when multi-threaded.

prissi

That was super helpful. Fixed in r10010. The width for the calculation needs to be the full display width, not the width of the stripe to be just shown.