News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

(OTRP) Can't overtake loading convoys at bus stops on roads with default mode

Started by Ranran, December 07, 2022, 11:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran

A bug fix in THLeaderH in 2019 broke some overtaking functions. For example the one I reported here, but they seem to be different bugs.

You can use this save data to check the operation of some overtaking functions.

Standard and extended Before 14.9, it was possible to overtake a loading bus at a bus stop placed on a road in default mode.
But it's been broken since then. This is a bare-bones feature and loss of it will slow down road traffic.
You can check the operation at the bus stop in the east of the save data above.

I have checked the code related to this but not sure how to fix it. However, it has been confirmed that if line 7358 of simuconvoi.cc is changed to the same code as the standard, it will be repaired.

However, this code seems redundant, so I asked the standard developers in the thread below.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,22119.msg202467/topicseen.html#msg202467

EDIT:
I'm afraid that modifying something will break something else.
In fact even after fixing line 7358 the bus sometimes overtakes without changing lanes unlike before, something else seems to be broken too.
pak.256やpak.nipponのような複数タイル市内建築物があるpakセットはextendedではちゃんと遊べません。それどころかextendedの追い越し機能はバグまみれで修正が難しくなっており、都市機能および道路機能というゲーム土台部分を壊し、開発作業&コードメンテナンスの足かせになっている。それは最終的にプレイヤーの損失に他ならない。その原因は全て1人の日本人=ひめし@himeshi_hob(THleaderH)によるもの。周囲のアドバイスをガン無視して結局実装されてしまった。彼は問題を認識しつつ5年以上放置して今なおOTRPの開発を続けている。あまりにも身勝手で無責任。日本の人達はそういう事実にちゃんと目を向けるべき(´・ω・`)