The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Fictional map of future Metro.  (Read 1547 times)

Offline inkelyad

• Devotees (Inactive)
  • Languages: EN, RU
Fictional map of future Metro.
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
It is awesome. (Sorry, Russian online shop link). Can somebody dig it in Simutrans?

Offline Lawyer

• Don't buy things you can live without.
Re: Fictional map of future Metro.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »
It seems pretty impressive, but the legends are far beyond my russian comprehension, if a can say i have one...  ;D
Can you translate it? It'll be an herculean work, with all this dots and lines, but i'll be very thankful.

Offline ӔO

• Devotees (Inactive)
  • Hopefully helpful
  • Languages: en, jp
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
wow, that system is connected to 4 different airports.

Offline vilvoh

• One of the good guys
  • Administrator (Inactive)
  • I'm the constructor, the architect
    • Escala real
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
One of the great advantages of that layout are the two ring shaped lines, that connect stop from other lines. In Madrid we have just one, but it's the busiest line of the whole network.

Offline DirrrtyDirk

• Devotees (Inactive)
  • JR 700 Series Shinkansen
  • Languages: EN,DE
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 11:18:59 PM »
Yes, ring lines of this kind can be very busy. The Yamanote line in Tokyo, one of the most busiest (if not the busiest) lines in the world with over 3 million passengers per day, also happens to be a ring line that is connected to many other train and subway lines...

Offline Václav

• Devotee
  • formerly VaclavMacurek
  • Languages: CZ, EN
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »
Moscow subway is very huge. It is hard to achieve similar complexity and size in Simutrans. In current game I have one town with three lines - built like circle - and it is very chaotic due to some length is shared between lines. And there is no more place for another lines.

Offline Lawyer

• Don't buy things you can live without.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »
Moscow subway is very huge. It is hard to achieve similar complexity and size in Simutrans. In current game I have one town with three lines - built like circle - and it is very chaotic due to some length is shared between lines. And there is no more place for another lines.

I agree. Shared sections between stations are always difficult to manage because it's not possible to program convoys with a time-table chart or something like. All we have to control train flow is signals and it's not sufficient to manage a huge and complex line like that.