News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Linux/Ubuntu Compliling with code:blocks

Started by eldorico, November 07, 2012, 04:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldorico

Hello!

Please excuse my english...

I would like to modify the code source to make the game create some stats and graphics.

Does any one have tried to compile simutrans with code:blocs using Ubuntu?

If yes, was it easy? Because I tried it for 6 months and I'm still having dificulties. I'm learning, and yet I think I could give the proper libraries. But now, I'm encoutering errors with the codesource itself, so I think I'm compiling very badly.

Does any one knows where I could find some help to compile simutrans with code:blocks, having linux?

Thanks,

Eldorico

Ters

I'm using code:blocks on Windows. A bit of a pain to set up with all the files (not all should be compiled for a given target) and defines (at least COLOUR_DEPTH), but doable. I also have to keep track of new and deleted files so I can add and remove them from the project.

eldorico

Ok thanks.

I tryed with codeblocks for windows using wine, and it seems much easier :-)

Does the file "trunk/text_pixel.c" remember you anything? I've got trouble with the syntax of asm volatile..

I'll do a new post.

Thanks however ;-)

Ters

Quote from: eldorico on November 07, 2012, 11:57:54 PM
I tryed with codeblocks for windows using wine, and it seems much easier :-)

Strange. I don't remember code:blocks being any different on Linux than on Windows. In some ways Linux was easier as GCC and related tools are more at there. But that was several years ago now.