News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

112.0 r6000M pak128 2.1.0 – ships using unsuitable stops

Started by ML, November 29, 2012, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ML

win, no addons

When running ship lines, ships are able to transport pax/mail/goods even between stops, which have no docks/quays.

In reality – whenever you click into the station coverage area it just counts, even of it was only a bus stop with an overlap to the sea.

Would it be possible to limit only to:
a) particular tile, where dock/quay is built
b) coverage areas of stations including docks
?
Thanks for the response.

prissi

Yes it is possible; it would however carry the side effect, that underground or bridge stops might also not wrok. I will look into it.

I have some old game, which actually rlied on this. But those are sooo old, I think we can break compability by this. Such would also put an end to oilrigs served by trains ...

EDIT: submitted by r6110

Train-catcher

I have a savegame from r6100, but on r6110 it shows "assertion failed" when loading (see an attachement). But it loads farther, when I click "Ignore button". And after re-saving this game under the r6110 it shows :"assertion failed" again, while loading.
B.t.w., the save has no unsuitable stops for ships. It has only two ship lines.
Is there any way to restore the savegame?

The savegame is here:
http://file.qip.ru/file/IF1yDCPe/2_online.html
(If there're russian, press "Скачать" to download.)
(contains many addons, but is able to load on the official pak128)

prissi

I can click ignore: However then ships won't unload a chaneels stops any more. Fixed in todays nightly.

Václav

I downloaded latest nightly (6110) and started, at first game asked me for language (I don't see why if it was already set) - and after it, when loading the game, it fell.

Debug message is attached.

WinXP

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Yes, it seems like if it is. With one small difference - I play with pak96.comic, not pak128.

So: may it be merged with that other topic.

Václav

And in 6116 it is right again. At least by me. I don't know if by anyone else.

Dwachs

There is still a bug:

halts on bridge ends are not recognized if the bridge ends on a beach slope.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Dwachs

Docks on canals are still not working. Imho, these lines:

add = halt->get_station_type()==0  ||  (halt->get_station_type() & ~haltestelle_t::dock) > 0;
if(  !add  ) {
if(  const gebaeude_t* gb = find<gebaeude_t>()  ) {
// always allow extensions
add = gb->get_tile()->get_besch()->get_utyp() == haus_besch_t::generic_extension;
}
}

should be deleted. The only effect of this code block is afaict to prevent docks being build at canals.

Fabio

Why should there be docks on canals? Aren't there specific canal quarries?

Ters

Is this a further restriction from before? I think I once tried to build a dock next to a canal, but was only able to do it after building a wharf. (I'm a bit behind on Simutrans revisions at the moment.)

Dwachs

Ters

Then maybe I remember wrong, and put the wharfs there just for looks or to enable the right kind of goods.

Dwachs

I deleted these problematic lines with r6141. 

To see the bug in action: build a 1x1 dock on a slope facing to a canal. Then a halt is build, there is the station name label, but the dock tile does not belong to the halt. If you build a bus stop next to the dock, then the bus stop and the dock tile are put into one stop. If you build a canal stop in front of the dock then a new halt is created.