News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Duplicate 1800 terrace building? Also, wrong level...?

Started by jamespetts, December 20, 2012, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Have a look at this .dat file for the 1800 terraced houses on Github (the Standard version). It seems to contain two entries with buildings identical in all respects save for the name. I don't think that this was intended, was it? Also, the buildings are given a level of 1, yet the graphics show them as being three storey buildings - surely these should have at least a level of 2? Was it intended at one point that there would be one level 1 and one level 2 building at one point, perhaps?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VS

My experimental guess would be that if you want any terraces at all, you need two house types, since same type is not allowed to be next to each other...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

The Hood

As VS says - the game won't build two next to each other of the same type.

jamespetts

Ahh - thank you for clarifying! Should this not be at least level 2, though, given that it's three storeys high?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Wasn't there an extension request about a parameter in the dat files to indicate the level of attraction / repulsioin for "identical adjacent buildings" ...?  I can only find this, which isn't quite the same:

Quote from: The Hood on January 01, 2012, 08:01:50 PM
... in order to make the most of ((wlindley's modular buildings))  I'd like to suggest an extension request in order to make it easier to create these sort of objects and also (hopefully) to reduce the size of the resulting pak files....