News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

speed bonus 0%

Started by asaphxiix, December 21, 2012, 09:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

I'm experimenting a bit with pak64, and I tried to change pax speed bonus to 0%, just to figure out the base revenue, but in the goods list I see speed still makes a difference in revenue (although not a very big difference) , and also in practice. Would this be intentional?

jamespetts

A speed bonus speed of 0 (as opposed to a speed bonus rating of 0) was disabled in a recent version, as it caused division by zero errors. A speed bonus rating of zero ought mean that goods will not have a differential revenue with different speeds, although because speed affects journey time, and journey time affects comfort tolerance, speed will continue to have an effect on passenger revenues. Coal, for example, ought be unaffected in price by speed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

thanks! must have been the comfort rating then. I see that for waste it doesn't move.

greenling

asaphxiix
what do you test?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

asaphxiix

everything, greenling!
I have now tentatively determined a desired speed bonus rating of 6% for passengers, assuming 434 median and 868 max speed bonus distance, and I'm testing to see how that goes through the ages with various distances and travel speeds. Somehow, this gives about 50% speed bonus according to the goods list, for a 91km journey.

these figures I determined are of course debatable. See more on the balancing thread http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10823.msg108366#msg108366 .

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!