News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

How to check all tiles of an attraction?

Started by jamespetts, February 03, 2013, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I am currently working on private car routing for Experimental. I have it working for cities and factories, but not yet for tourist attractions. What I have found that I need to do to get acceptable performance is store nearby cities or connected factories in planquadrat_t or strasse_t tiles so that the program does not need to check iteratively for cities, industries and attractions at each step of the routing algorithm (this reduces execution speed by a factor of more than 10).

I am not quite sure how to do this for attractions, however, as they do not seem to store any co-ordinate/tile information in the way that cities and factories do. This must be accessible somewhere for the shape of attractions to be shown in outline on the minimap. May I ask - how might I go about iterating through all the tiles of an attraction to check whether there are any connected roads?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Igor - thank you for organising the topics! I should be interested in any replies to the original post...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Dwachs

I am afraid that you have to loop over all adjacent tiles to find any roads.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

You could add a way list to planquadrat, like the halt list. But that will waste too much memory.

Make a subclass to building only for attractions, which contains a list of ways in their private parts.

jamespetts

It is not immediately obvious how I find a list of all an attraction's tiles in order to identify which roads are next to them in the first place (how to store that information being a separate issue). How would I go about identifying an attraction's tiles?

Ters

Try looking at the remove tool. It would need to find all tiles in order to remove all parts of a building. There is also gebaeude_t::get_first_tile()

jamespetts

Thank you very much - have now managed to get this to work on my private-cars branch on Github. Much appreciated.