News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Addons location under linux (SOLVED!)

Started by cy087, April 04, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cy087

In the release notice http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11613.msg114276#msg114276 Prissi says:

ATTENTION: Addons now reside inside a folder "addons" in the simutrans folder. Please move your addons into that folder! Scenario folder also has changed!

I don't seem to be able to get this working right.  I am running in "single user" mode. i.e Simutrans is in /home/<"me">/simutrans.  If I move my addons to /home/<"me">/simutrans/addons they don't get loaded at all.  As I (thought) I understood it, addons should either become new objects or if the name.pak is the same as a PAKset object then the PAKset object will get "over-ridden" when the pakset is loaded.

I also can't seem to get the gist of this:  If I have several PAKsets i.e. ~/simutrans/pak64, ~/simutrans/pak128, etc then will the game load the correct addons for the selected PAKset?

just a bit confused
CY

Dwachs

Addons should got to

~/simutrans/addons/pak128/

etc
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

cy087

That's where I have been putting them.  But this of course overwrites any same named .pak files.  I just thought this may be a way to make it easier to keep the addons separate to the core pakset.  Oh well. 
CY

prissi

You paksets should not be in ~/simutrans in single user mode. Unless you installed simutrans in ~/simutrans your paksets should be next to the executable.

/usr/bin/simutrans/simutrans
/user/bin/simutrans/pak128/...

~/simutrans/addons/pak128/...

If you do simgle user mode, then the addons should go into
bla/simutrans
bla/pak128/
bla/addons/pak128

Did you edit config/simuconf.tab to enable the single_user mode (the very top of this file)? And you are sure the right version that starts?

Markohs

Not really, because the pak is to be installed in ~/simutrans/pak128 and the addons in ~/simutrans/addons/pak128 , no? They are different directories.

cy087

Quote from: prissi on April 04, 2013, 10:56:00 AM
Did you edit config/simuconf.tab to enable the single_user mode (the very top of this file)? And you are sure the right version that starts?

Well, I thought this might be the problem, as when I installed 112.2 I did forget to set this in the simuconf.tab but still no joy.

Using bla = /home/<me>/simutrans:

I have set the pakset and add-ons as follows:
1)  bla/pak128 contains only the official PAKset files
2)  added bla/pak128/addons and put all the addon .pak files here

I have tried both  "singleuser_install = 0" and "singleuser_install = 1" in the bla/config/simuconf.tab
I am running version 112.2 - r6390 as reported in the program banner.

Any further clues?
Have I the got the name of the add ons folder correct, (remembering that  linux is case dependant) - bla/pak128/addons?

tia
CY

An_dz

Inside the addons folder you create new folders with the same name the pakset folder has and place the addons inside them.
So, addons should go to simutrans/addons/pakFolderName
Ex.: pak128 -> simutrans/addons/pak128
pak64 -> simutrans/addons/pak64

cy087

yes, Yes, YES!  ;D (well almost)  ???

Thanks to An_dz! Have a virtual beer on me!

Almost, because only some of the addons load not all of them.  Most lamentably, SFC does not appear in the factory list
Dumb user!  OK, using a start year of 2020 everything appears!  Yahoo!

So the definitive answer (for single user mode under linux) is:
1) MUST have singleuser_install = 0 in the ~/simutrans/config/simuconf.tab file
2) MUST run with -addons
3) Add on .pak files MUST be located in ~/simutrans/addons/<pakset_id>

So now I have the Fried Chicken, most all of mEga's brilliant stuff and some other really nice addons.  I am off to create havoc amongst the population!

Thanks to all for your patience  with this.  By way of gratitude (sort of  ;) ) here's a list of 1500 Australian street names generated randomly from the Australian postal code database and a few additions of my own to  acknowledge our "furry creatures".  Hope you find it amusing (it goes in <whatever>/pak128/text btw).

cheers
CY

IgorEliezer

Quote from: cy087 on April 05, 2013, 07:56:44 AM
:o !!! Don't let the kids see it!

just kidding  ;D

An_dz

Quote from: cy087 on April 05, 2013, 07:56:44 AM

here's a list of 1500 Australian street names generated randomly from the Australian postal code database
Australian beer? Never got one. Here's a Brazilian one for you:

Markohs

I'll send you my favourite:

Who doesn't like german beers and cars? ;)