News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[INCORPORATED]Increase unprotect_abondoned_player_months limit

Started by Vonjo, April 04, 2013, 03:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonjo

The current limit of unprotect_abondoned_player_months in "New games -> Settings" dialog box is 144 game months. In my current server it means less than 4 days IRL.
I think the limit of 250 or even 1000 should be better, because there may be some players who can only play once a week.

Dwachs

edit: increased to 300 with r6437. As we store only 24 years of history this is the maximum possible.

edit2: you can deactivate this setting by setting the number to zero. This may be the best solution for you.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fabio

By the way, after 24 years of playing, could stats be dumped to a text file instead of lost?

Ters

I can't really see how people would or could play only every 200+ game months. Then again, I can't see how people can let their company run unmanaged for more than 15 minutes of real time.

Vonjo

Quote from: Dwachs on April 04, 2013, 07:19:25 PM
edit: increased to 300 with r6437. As we store only 24 years of history this is the maximum possible.
Nice. Thank you. :)
Quote from: Dwachs on April 04, 2013, 07:19:25 PM
edit2: you can deactivate this setting by setting the number to zero. This may be the best solution for you.
I set the value to 144 when I generate the map, but it is 0 in server's simuconf.tab. Which settings take effect?

Dwachs

Quote from: Vonjo on April 05, 2013, 11:23:10 AM
I set the value to 144 when I generate the map, but it is 0 in server's simuconf.tab. Which settings take effect?
Imho, the setting in the new-world-window wins - thus 144.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Vonjo