News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

trucks

Started by vilvoh, October 21, 2008, 11:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

So it carries fireworks? ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

emaxectranspoorte

No, I think it's a food transport, right? :-\ ;D

vilvoh

Well, I was thinking to use it for transporting furnitures but I'm open to any suggestion... ::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

The colour suggests metal; maybe cooling?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

I can't find out for the photos I have. It seems a ship container but I'm not sure. Anyway, is possible to create a truck that can manage more than one type of freight, isn't it?

emaxectranspoorte

Or piece goods from the Goods Factory? :-\

vilvoh

I usually create this trucks to transport freights which don't have a lot of vehicles available. Sometimes you only have one as happens with steel, sand, cement, etc..at least in pak64. So I try to fill those gaps with these trucks.

Btw, I've found the history behind Cracker Box's nick.
Quote1960 - "F" aluminum tilt COE models later became know as "Cracker boxes" due to the boxy cab shape.

vilvoh

I've finished those two ones: GMC 238 CrackerBox and Mack MB A-P-A. Both are light trucks with medium capacity, arround 85 km/h, 18 tn and running cost of 7.10 cr/km.

P.S: sources at g.s.c

emaxectranspoorte

Good work, vilvoh. :) They really look quite nice.

vilvoh

Thanks. I'm glad you like them..they're quite balanced and the graphics are simple but effective. Btw, the next truck I'm going to create will be perhaps another road train or a steel/iron small truck.

EDIT: An advance of Berliet Stratadair 20 for transporting iron ore and steel.

vilvoh

Berliet Stradair 20 metal series finished. Two small trucks for transporting steel and iron ore (payload = 24) from 1965.

P.S: sources available at graphics.simutrans.com >> vilvoh gallery

vilvoh

The new ones I'm making: Mack MS250 Midliner and Kentworth KS50. Both probably for transporting furnitures or piece goods.

EDIT: trucks finished. sources available at graphics.simutrans.com

vilvoh

The last one from now will be this Kentworth K104 NZ for transporting logs and planks..

I've to fix some details like the logs texture to avoid the grainy effect and the metallic material for the trailer, but it's almost finished. I'll use a different color scheme for each version: black for logs and blue for planks.

vilvoh

Kentworth K105 NZ finished. With special night colors, and single or trailer versions.

vilvoh

I couldn't resist to make this huge truck called Sharpwood 350 Titan. It's quite similar to another existing one on pak64, but that was imho quite small so I decided to make a slightly bigger version. After all, it's heavy mining truck, isn't it? Obviously It'll transport a large amount of bulk goods (coal, sand, stone and probably iron ore)

I've to do some scale tests to make it fit on scale, but it's almost finished.

vilvoh

I was talking with Zeno when I realized that its real name is Terex Titan 33-13, and was the world biggest truck (now is Liebherr T282, which is also in my list.. ;D)

It's really huge:

• Capacity: 260 tn
  • Weight: 340 tn
  • Power: 2460 kW
  • Speed: 67 km/h
  • Cost: 34.380 cr
  • Running cost: 59,61 cr

It can transport sand, stone, coal and iron ore (mainly, arids and bulk goods) and well, I think it fits on the scale (it's bigger than MHz's one, of course) Only recommended for moving large amounts of goods to short range distances....enjoy!!  :)

VS

What a monster :) You could hijack some unused waytype and code it as a train, to simulate that it needs the whole road for itself.

vilvoh

Another heavy mining truck. This time is the world biggest truck: Liebherr T282.

• Capacity: 365 tn
  • Weight: 203 tn
  • Power: 2722 kW
  • Speed: 65 km/h
  • Cost: 48.380 cr
  • Running cost: 80,61 cr

emaxectranspoorte

They really look cool and futuristic! 8)

vilvoh

Well, both are based on real life trucks. I mean, those trucks really exist, so I would say realistic better than futuristic.... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terex_Titan -- Terex Titan 33-13
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebherr_T_282B -- Liebherr T282

vilvoh

Another small one: Studebaker Proto-Truck from 1963 for transporting coal, iron ore and steel, with trailer.

vilvoh

The Studebaker is almost finished so I had time to make those two: Ford c and Kentworth from Willig Transport Company.

P.D: I forgot to add another one, from Willig too. It's White Compact 450XP ...

vilvoh

Studebaker and Willig transport Set finished. Enjoy!

vilvoh

Another small but powerfull one: PeterBilt 344 DT, probably for transporting logs and planks.

Moppi

Ei Vilvoh, do you have any trucks planned that transport paper? :( It's sad to only have one choice for trucks for paper for a millennium or so. If you have done one from the earlier pages, please do tell. :P

vilvoh

Yes, sure..why not. In fact I was thinking on changing the Peterbilt from logs and planks to paper... :)

I'm open to suggestions but If I remember correctly, I've planned three single trucks and 3 long trucks (cab+trailer) for transporting paper.

EDIT: The list of paper trucks.

SingleMultiple
International DR-700Kenworth KCD 825-C (1952)
White Expediter P20Kenworth KCD 825-B (1954)
Renault GoeletteInternational ACCO T2670
Freightliner TTNMercedes Benz GCF(1965)

Moppi

Quote from: vilvoh on February 11, 2009, 09:43:15 PM
Yes, sure..why not. In fact I was thinking on changing the Peterbilt from logs and planks to paper... :)

I'm open to suggestions, but I remember correctly I've planned three single trucks and 3 long trucks (cab+trailer) for transporting paper.

Yay! That's amazing to hear. It has been pretty much irritating to pursue a BookShop line due to the default Paper vehicle having low carrying capacity and the fact that you only have it as a choice for a Veeeeeeeeery long time. Indeed you can use trains, but it doesn't really pay much so you'll just gonna exhaust your funds.

I'm going to wait for these, thanks for confirming vilvoh. =D

vilvoh

The first truck for paper. It's a Kentworth KCD 825-C Auburn with trailer.

vilvoh

Peterbilt 344 DTx series (Logs and Planks) and Kenworth KCD 825-C (paper) finished.

There's a problem, for those like Moppi who want to create profitable paper lines. By the tests I've done, that good is extremly low profitable. The max income you can get with KCD 825-C is 600 cr. with a payload of 28 rolls (cab+trailer)!!.. so if the distance between paper factory and print is medium or long, I recommend not to use trucks, but large trains instead or you'll probably go bankrupt. Enjoy with the trucks!  :)

Moppi

W00t! Thanks Vilvoh, these are amazing.  :D

I'm not really going for profits in regards with the paper, i just find the default truck not having a much bigger capacity daunting (add to that as i already mentioned, you only have it as a choice in terms of trucks for the entire duration of your save) specially when the Printing Works eat Paper Fast. Sometimes the distance between the Paper Factory and the Printing works isn't really that far so trucks are more space friendly for me.

vilvoh

Ok. The truth is that I usually do not play as much as I would like to, and although I always test the vehicles in game, I actually don't realize some of those details that usual players tend to notice.

Btw, I'm finishing another version of Kenworth, called KCD 825-B with a little bit more capacity (almost 30 rolls)

vilvoh

Another one: Mercedes Benz GCF (1965)

vilvoh

Kenworth KCD 825-B ready for downloading. It's quite similar to 825-C, but with different color, a little bit more capacity, speed, cost and running cost. We could say it's more advanced than 825-C.

Btw, the Mercedes is almost finished. I'll post the pak file tomorrow.

vilvoh

Here it is: Mercedes Benz GCF for transporting paper. It's almost the same as Hajo's Papiertransporter, but faster and with a little bit more capacity. Obviously this means it's more expensive... ;D

vilvoh

A single truck, Freightliner TTN: 14 rolls, 290 kw, 21 tn, 88 km/h, 1972-1984.