News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Some results...

Started by Junna, June 30, 2013, 04:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

I'd imagine there to be a lot of soot at those places.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

greenling

Hello
The Photo from the powerstation it very good.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hud0en9e261egn/modernpowerstation.zip

Screwed up the camera somehow, and not sure how to fix it. So, if anyone wants to touch it up and make it proper and to their satisfaction, they are welcomed to do so. Some necessary amateurish textures and such included.

greenling

Hello Junna
The pngfiles in the zipfiles was not ok they was damage.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Junna

I know. That's because the camera is skewed somehow, and can't work out how to fix it.

Junna

Well, fixed the black border on the 210... Tried to fix the 33, but the shading ends up looking funny no matter what...

33, blue

33, green

Class 210 Blue grey DM:

BG intermediate trailer:

BG driving trailer:

Regional railways DM:

RR driving trailer:

RR intermediary trailer:

jamespetts

Thank you for those. May I ask - would you be able to upload all of your Blender files? It is very useful to be able to have the .blends both for making changes if it becomes necessary or desirable, and also to act as a basis for new graphics of similar things (for example, the Class 33 would be a good base for a Class 26; and it might be desirable in the future to add new liveries). As to the Class 33, the bogies look slightly off - it might be helpful for the wheels to be closer together and have a more obvious frame (a cuboid in the "underframe" colour extending out beyond the wheels in all directions except downwards, where it finishes in the centres, usually suffices for this purpose on an outside framed bogie). If you can upload the .blends, I can make this alteration myself, as it should be straightforward. (I know that you had uploaded the .blends from some of the vehicles, but I cannot remember which ones; I think that there might have been some outstanding; in any event, it would be helpful to have the latest .blends for the 33 and 210).

I realise that I have not got around to including some of your latest additions from some months ago. I think that this might well have been related in part to missing .blend files, but also largely to being rather busy with other things. I am currently somewhat preoccupied with trams, but will hopefully be able to get around to this (for Experimental at least - The Hood will have to include them for Standard, of course) at some point. Thank you for your hard work!

As to the modern power station, incidentally, you mentioned that you had a problem with the camera. If you need to move the camera, it is on layer 2. You can go to layer 2 and select all and then move it. However, it will be very difficult to get the camera back to exactly the right place. The best thing to do if you have accidentally moved the camera position is, in effect, to start again with the camera position, but retain your existing model by exporting the whole of layer 1 as a .dae file and then re-importing it into a new Blender file based on the graphics of an existing industry (having deleted all in layer 1 for that file), before saving the whole thing as a new file. To export as a .dae, you will need to select all of layer 1 (and nothing else), and make sure to check the "export selected only" tab in the export dialogue.

I hope that this helps - thank you again and happy new year.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. The models look lovely! However, I am missing the class 202 and also the blue livery of the class 33, the two blue liveries of the 312, the 501, the class 17, and probably some of the older ones from earlier in the thread, too: it is always very helpful to have all the .blend files in a single source so that people can modify them (to add liveries, etc.).

Thank you for your work and for sharing!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s557qozlylay712/further.rar

Blue 33, Class 17 (blue and green), Class 501 (blue and blue-grey), 202/3 (green, blue, and blue-grey)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t822qds3e53cr36/312blues.rar

Remaining 312 blue liveries.

jamespetts

greenling

Hello Junna
The Trains they you have paint looks very good out. :thumbsup:

Junna

LNER 1937 Tyneside EMU MPV (Motor Parcels Van)

1937 EMU BR Multiple Unit Malachite, front

1937 EMU BR Multiple Unit Malachite, rear

1937 EMU, original livery, front

1937 EMU, rear

Blends:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/btwzyne9vvis04q/LNER%20Tyneside.rar

You still haven't included any of the things made in the last half a year or so!

jamespetts

Thank you for those! They look lovely. Were you planning to do .dat files for them? I also notice a stray pixel on the second left image on each of the image sets.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on January 13, 2014, 06:46:07 PM
Thank you for those! They look lovely. Were you planning to do .dat files for them? I also notice a stray pixel on the second left image on each of the image sets.

Well, since you have yet to include so many things, I wondered if you wanted to edit them or something before anything was done, so the images I guess are not final, as I have not touched them up any and corrected such small things. I intend to do the .dat-files... eventually. Soon.

jamespetts

Lovely - thank you for letting me know. Do let me know when you have them done.

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3qka648xp0bwa5m/retouched.rar

Retouched images and .dat for LNER Tyneside EMU (note that the motor parcels van has four engines rather than two (160kw) engines to haul short parcels trains, which is why it has twice the power, as well as why I added a number of parcels vehicles to be allowed to be added after it.)

jamespetts

I think that I have now added most of these to my Github repository, save for the class 411/410/412, which needs some more work to get the liveries right (if you could produce a full set of liveries for this unit, that would help me very greatly).

It take a bit of a while to integrate all of these though: quite a few hours, in fact. May I suggest that you start to use Git, and open a Github repository, containing a mirror of the Pak128.Britain-Ex Github repository with such additions as you make, including English translation texts and adjustments to other vehicles as necessary (such as coupling constraints and retirement dates)? Although there might be some things that I need to adjust in any event, most of the time was spent this evening, not adjusting, but painstakingly downloading each .png file from Photobucket (about five clicks apiece), then manually editing the filename to remove the extra characters added by Photobucket, manually moving them to the correct directory, manually adding the English translation texts, manually downloading the .dat files and moving them to the correct directory and so forth. Your contributions are very much welcomed, but it would greatly assist me (and make it much easier for me to integrate your work sooner) if the process was rather more efficient, as it would be through the use of Git. (And you can also use Git for your .blends, too). Your vehicles are always delightfully rendered and well researched and it would be splendid if they could be included more expeditiously in future.

Thank you again for all of your work on this - it is much appreciated. I am hoping for a minor release of the pakset fairly soon, so general users will soon be able to enjoy your lovely creations.

The Hood

Should all be in stadard too now

The Hood

Quote from: Junna on October 04, 2013, 05:59:39 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hud0en9e261egn/modernpowerstation.zip

Screwed up the camera somehow, and not sure how to fix it. So, if anyone wants to touch it up and make it proper and to their satisfaction, they are welcomed to do so. Some necessary amateurish textures and such included.

I'm looking into this now (coal power station...) - but some of your textures aren't in the download. Any chance you could send them over

PS Turns out it's actually quite easy to fix. Basically the object is too large for the pak128.Britain lighting/camera setup. Fix: scale image by x0.5, then double render resolution to 1536x1536. OK, the output images need cropping, but that usually needs to happen in post-processing anyway.

Maybe it's easier if you finish it off yourself? But I'm happy to finish it myself if you'd rather and you can send me all your texture files.

Junna

What textures are missing? I think all were included as far as I know (under uvtextures).

They were so terrible however that it probably would look a lot better if you made use of your existing industry textures on those that are missing...

Junna

Lemon time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/259ii0apsf5gl0d/images.rar

Those are the images for easier bulk provision. Included are two livery variations (green and blue) for the Class 15, Class 16, Class 26 and 27, as well as a single livery for the LMS ordered-BR operated 10800 early diesel engine.

Attached to the post are the associated dats. Images have been touched up and stray pixels corrected.
Example:
Class 15 (green):

Class 26 in blue:

And for reference, the blends:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jk7t2g4xdb7a44m/blends

jamespetts

Excellent! That is quite a good lot of things. The Class 15 and its LMS predecessor are particularly interesting in being one of the earliest small diesel locomotives, giving proper variety of diesel locomotives in the late 1940s and early 1950s.

One small thing: I notice that the red circle coupling constraints contain references to locomotives not yet defined, such as the class 21 or 28: it is best to avoid doing this, since any reference to an object that does not exist in the coupling constraints stops the constraints on that vehicle from having any effect at all.

In any event, I have now incorporated these: thank you!

Edit: I notice that that the BR green graphics for the class 26/27 seems to be a little off colour: the roof is a bronze sort of colour rather than grey; is there some issue, perhaps, with the specular setting?

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on June 30, 2014, 08:37:12 PM
Edit: I notice that that the BR green graphics for the class 26/27 seems to be a little off colour: the roof is a bronze sort of colour rather than grey; is there some issue, perhaps, with the specular setting?

Images of early colour schemes were not entirely agreeing with each other. A number had grey, white and sandy-beige-grey roofs, as seen in this model:

This applies also to the later blue livery - it appears that a number had their roofs painted blue, whereas some were in shades of dark grey and whatnot. I couldn't find any details describing the evolution of the roof colour scheme, so tried to improvise that sandy-beige.

EDIT: I added the 21 and 28, 29 there (red circle) as I intend to make those next, as well as 23.

jamespetts

Yes, there were minor livery variants, including either blue or grey roofs on the blue livery locomotives, but I don't think that any had roofs of quite the bronze colour shown in the current images for these locomotives. It is notable that it is only  on a model that this colour is given (which to my eye looks greyer than the colour in the Simutrans images), and a different view of a similar model:

appears to show this to be greyer still.  Meanwhile, the images (again, only of models) of the class 27 with an off-grey roof seem to show it as greyer still:

Junna

If you feel it is too beige/bronzed, it's probably easiest to adjust the colour in the images manually I suppose?

jamespetts

I think that it's likely to be easier to re-render than to adjust the .pngs.

Junna

The 26/27 now remade with grey roof.

Also Class 28 added. This one includes an upgrade-able only version. In reality, the engines used were prone to serious problems. On the contemporary CIE A (101 Class) locomotive, these same engines were later replaced. The possibility of the same for the 28, which was never done, is here simulated by this upgrade only version (28-2). It does not yet have its own graphic, we'll see about that eventually...

Junna

Oops, forgot to fix the length of the 28.

Fixed here. (Length was set to 8 - here to 10.)

jamespetts

Junna

Class 21, upgradeable to Class 29 (in green and blue liveries).

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid - thank you. Now added.

I wonder whether we need a blue livery for the fictional Class 28/2, since its conversion is after 1966, when the blue livery was introduced?

Junna

Class 28/2, blue, done.

Class 41, green and blue liveries.

Junna

Crappy blend time; these are the 28, 29, 41 and 42's blends.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6nc82hellsbnl6u/furtherblends.rar

Also added Class 42, green and blue liveries.

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid - the class 42 in particular has been one that I have been wanting to see in the pakset for a long time. This is a very worthwhile addition. I will add them when I have more time: thank you for doing these.

Edit: I can't seem to get your download to work: can you upload it to http://files.simutrans-germany.com?