News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Future of pak96.comic

Started by Václav, October 27, 2015, 02:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

It cannot be ignored that development of this pakset lays (probably more than one or two years) on hands of only two people - me (Václav) and An_dz.

Formerly it was work of also Reytm2, Quayyum, Sojo and may be some other people.

It is not good for any pakset if only two people work on development of pakset. Because it slowly kills it. So, it is needed to find some other people willing to join to development of this pakset.

Even if I try to create new tramways (half-height ready) and some other objects, open-source extension lacks of many things that are neccessary to do. List of wanted objects was written in topic Pak96.comic needs but this topic is closed for changes.

It seems like if Sojo gave up his presence in development of this pakset. Also I found that he was in forum two years ago for last time. So, it would be good if new local admin(s) would be set.

But who should do it? Well, I could but ... I would rather delegate An_dz.

Also, it would be good to open discussion about way of balancing of (not only) ways.

Old ways (and mostly railway tunnels) are balanced very terribly - because railway tunnels are much expensive in comparison with road tunnels - and their building is not efficient. Also water cannals are quite cheap (and I think that they should be very expensive).

I see way in simple mathematics based on (for example) speed allowed by track - in case of ways and way-objects (like electrification or so). In case of vehicles it would be a bit more difficult - because there capacity, power and speed should be taken into consideration.

It is all for this time.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

pak96.comic maintainers were sojo and Bergente. Both are retired from Simutrans now.

Reytm2 and Quayyum created some objects and Alex. Brose, who creates stuff for pak192.comic, is the biggest contributor for pak96.comic.

Balancing is important and pak96.comic needs it. Vehicle balancing is the hardest part and needs to take account of production times as well, I'm not really interested in doing this now.

For now, I'm still working on the sources fixing graphical errors and creating the buttons and cursors to match the new style. Once this is finished balancing can begin.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 28, 2015, 11:13:10 PM
pak96.comic maintainers were sojo and Bergente. Both are retired from Simutrans now.
I did not think maintainers of pakset, itself. I thought local admins in forum.

Hard to say if they will return to take part in development of this pakset. So, in accordance with deceased DirrrtyDirk, why don't to elect new maintainers - if we don't know when they will return?

Reytm2 and Quayyum created some objects and Alex. Brose
Yes, I wrote some other because I was not sure exectly who else was taking part in development of pakset.
Of course, I forgot on sojo and Bergente called above.

Problem is, that many parts are not available for open-source.
So, they have to be replaced - or authors have to contacted for releasing as open-source.

Balancing is important and pak96.comic needs it. Vehicle balancing is the hardest part and needs to take account of production times as well, I'm not really interested in doing this now.

For now, I'm still working on the sources fixing graphical errors and creating the buttons and cursors to match the new style. Once this is finished balancing can begin.
I think that some universal matrix (usable as pattern for balancing of objects of the same type) should be found.

I have prepared basic ballancing matrix for vehicles and ways.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní