News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Crash on exit

Started by Vladki, December 13, 2016, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I have updated the testing server to latest exicutable and pakset. Simutrans now crashes when I want to quit the online game, with the following output:

FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - 20transferring_cargo_t: index out of bounds: 0 not in 0..4294967295
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com
Neúspěšně ukončen (SIGABRT)

Next start says that the savegame is corrupted, and the second start gives me the demo game. Exiting and starting form the demo game works fine.

jamespetts

I am having trouble reproducing this because I get a crash deep in the networking code whenever I try to connect. This specific crash I have been told relates to a bug from Standard that only usually arises when there is a desync.

I have, however, fixed a bug related to disconnecting from network games. Can you re-test?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

It is still the same. I get a desyc sometimes, (due to interference on wi-fi), but it does not crash on desync. I reconnected to wifi on different channel to get rid of desyncs, but the crash on exit is still there.

jamespetts

Can you upload the saved game so that I can see whether I can isolate the problem from the crash on desync issue?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Well, when I switch to better connection, I do not get the FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - 20transferring_cargo_t: index out of bounds: 0 not in 0..4294967295 on exit. However with bad connection (2.4 GHz wifi) I get that even with fresh game (server.exp.simutrans.com:13354) http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/svenska.sve (pak128.sweden-ex)

After disconnecting from more developed game, I get one more crash on next start saying FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::read - savegame corrupt, not enough data
. While debugging other crashes, I found out that I cannot save a server game, even with good connection - again the same error.

Edit: now I got the same error on exit even on my better connection...

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.

Vladki

Ves

Are the server.exp.sim... running the latest build now?

Vladki

not yet
Edit: now it is updated

Ves

Remember to save the map when you update!

Vladki

Quote from: Ves on January 09, 2017, 10:05:00 PM
Remember to save the map when you update!
Sorry, forgot... But there is a setting .server_save_game_on_quit = 1
hmm let's see if it works

Ves

Dont worry. I was working on the map however, so suddently I got disconnected :P
Lets try that setting and see if it works!

edit
And now it does not crash when closing down either!