News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Monthly maintenance of vehicles stored in depot

Started by Vladki, July 03, 2019, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

This is partially related to things discussed in https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19081.0.html

I noticed that fixed_maintenance costs are charged for vehicles even if they are stored in depot.
I was under impression that those vehicles do not need any maintenance, especially if that figure is supposed to include staff salaries.
I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but as long as staff salaries are not dealt with separately, fixed_maintenance of vehicles in depot should be greatly reduced or (for simplicity) zero.

DrSuperGood

It is kind of a WIP issue. Such vehicles are meant to cost you maintenance since you are meant to be constantly using them by the convoy recombination and scheduling feature which is not yet implemented. Ultimately this fixed cost is meant to represent fixed costs such as cleaning or licencing.

The depot is meant to act as a temporary location for servicing as well as to hold excess rolling stock during various times of the month. Additionally monthly costs would be lowered as the servicing/overhaul system replaces part of them and staffing would eventually be handled by a dedicated staff system and so vehicles in depots would not have staff costs while they remain in the depot.