News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

My experience

Started by garro, December 09, 2019, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garro

I am not sure where to post this.
In this post I am going to list things I think should be improved in simutrans. This is the result of some hours of network game with my friends.

• Password check is wrong. Even though there is a file with the hashed passwords, it looks like it is possible to enter every account with any password
  • On highways, vehicles do not surpass, so building highways becomes useless
  • Sometimes, with choose signals, trucks and buses avoids some platforms for unclear reasons.
  • When there is a long bus/loading stop, buses do not try to stop one after the other, even when there is a choose signal
  • Then there is a choose signal, trucks or buses do not stop on both sides of the stop. I would like this to happen even on one-way stops, with vehicles stopping one next to the other

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm locking this because it needs to be one issue/problem per topic. Some notes:

1. Passwords are not handled by the pak, so that would go into a thread in bug reports for Simutrans to discuss
2. The circumstances in which a vehicle can pass is somewhat limited. Roads in Simutrans are a single lane in each direction. Passing was added some time ago, but vehicles cannot pass on an intersection or curve and calculate if they can complete the pass before the next intersection or curve - it makes passing somewhat rare.
3. Open a bug report with more information and screenshots please - or can maybe start in help if you're not 100% sure it's a bug. But the topic can be moved, no worries.
4. I'm not quite sure what you mean on the long stop, but I suspect that you're putting multiple stops in a row instead of beside each other. A vehicle can't pass to get to a stop further down. It's not so "smart" to be able to do that. It just takes the path to the closest non-reserved stop.
5. This will not be possible, at least in the foreseeable future. Roads in Simutrans are not one-way but two-way. So to utilize both sides of a stop, you would have to design your stops so that they are accessible from both directions. Although I believe in the case of a choose sign, the tile is reserved. I'm not sure if it's possible to have a choose sign and send both vehicles to the same tile. I may test this at some point, but not right now.

Please do create multiple topics for the issues you'd like to discuss further - one problem per topic, pretty please. :)