News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Revisiting the dead concept with the Benz hearse car.

Started by ASV62, January 02, 2020, 02:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASV62

Old post: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,15231.msg150210.html#msg150210

I've been thinking of the the abandon project of "Simutranians" during the recent hard times, at the time of 2016 (almost 4 years ago) I said "limousine, business jets no longer an eye candy, low capacity but extremely high revenue." (In today's standard, "extreme high revenue" means limos also have the privilege to run at very high speed compare to ordinary class buses.

But why?

Because I had the concept and desire of intentionally buildup some "people moving network", even making police stations, schools, hospital into "people producing factories" like https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=19091.0 we can have deceased people produced from hospital, then we could further travel them to funeral. During the protest days here in Hong Kong I've popped up a dangerously dark history reflection idea putting riots, protest site into the production chain, sending people into riots and convert them into injured and deceased people.

Putting off the riot idea, we can really think of some other catastrophe inside our already too old simutrans world, e.g. burning city buildings, yet another factory having the appearance of a city building but adding some burning traces in it, that can play with the "deceased people" (or "deceased Simutranians") goods type.

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

Leartin

Pak192Comic actually has the prison chain (Police produces Suspects, bring them to court which turns some of them into Convicts which go to Prison) and the hospital chain (Doctor produces Patients that are sent to the hospital, where some of them turn into Deceased and need to be moved to the Graveyard)
You really don't need a catastrophe, people die regularly on their own, so if you want another producer of Deceased, a nursing home does the job.

Note that Criminals, Patients and Deceased make so much sense as goods rather than pax because they need to be handled and managed, they don't move on their own will, and they don't mix well with normal pax. It wouldn't work with 'normal' people.

ASV62

Quote from: Leartin on January 02, 2020, 06:43:54 AM
Note that Criminals, Patients and Deceased make so much sense as goods rather than pax because they need to be handled and managed, they don't move on their own will, and they don't mix well with normal pax. It wouldn't work with 'normal' people.

Simutranians are new goods types which even commuter are goods generated from building alike factories, they go to school alike factories, creating other types and tiers of Simutranians.
It's my headcanon of dying to see buses carrying specified types of people and further divided into different tiers, not interfering with original mesh like passenger network

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

Leartin

You want just one bus, but it shows whether it carries generic pax, tourists or workers? This can be rather easily achieved by changing the generic pax to no longer be a special good. Once they are in another category, all pax carriers can also carry every other type of good in that category. It does not change how normal pax are generated - though pax stations no longer work, it would need to be goods stations.

Or you want a bus for pax only, and virtually the same bus but for tourists only, and virtually the same bus but for workers only? Begs the question why there needs to be different busses for them, since they share requirements - just like coal and iron ore.

ASV62

Quote from: Leartin on January 02, 2020, 09:25:09 AMOr you want a bus for pax only, and virtually the same bus but for tourists only, and virtually the same bus but for workers only? Begs the question why there needs to be different busses for them, since they share requirements - just like coal and iron ore.
Definitely this, I'm thinking of even 1 intracity bus route that connects residents, shops, schools, attractions should consist of 2 tiers of buses or more, 1 cheaper tier for teenagers, another for workers, even some dedicated for tourists.

Same bus model with multi tier setting would share the same image but have different parameters and separate paks

Vladki

you might want to have a look at simutrans-extended - it distinguishes between commuters and visitors, and 5 passenger classes.

ASV62

Quote from: Vladki on January 02, 2020, 11:07:08 AM
you might want to have a look at simutrans-extended - it distinguishes between commuters and visitors, and 5 passenger classes.
Thanks for your suggestion, I thought I would stay with vanilla Simu and create the thing I want with it, seems I'm eventually giving it up and adapt experimental mechanism into my headcanon.