News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Stephenson-Siemens

Started by Mariculous, January 01, 2020, 12:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

It seems the pakset at stepehnson.siemens is not up-to-date. I just updated two devices using the nightly updater and it's showing a missmatch on both devices.

Vladki

Let's see tomorrow, it updates automatically every day. And I had to update today...

Mariculous

It still tells me a misssmatch so I am still force-connecting.

Vladki

That may be the reason why it crashes so often?

Mariculous

Maybe but Idon't think so. It should desync in case of differences, instead of crashing. Additionally, it crashed last night when I was not connected.
I have experienced frequent crashes when much route search happens in a short period of time, so I guess the stupid waypoint reversing could be the cause.

Vladki

I have updated my computer now from http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/pakset/ and it matches with server.
Probably you have to delete the whole pak128.britain-ex folder and unpack the new one.

DrSuperGood

Quote from: Vladki on January 02, 2020, 06:53:50 PMI have updated my computer now from http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/pakset/ and it matches with server.Probably you have to delete the whole pak128.britain-ex folder and unpack the new one.
The nightly updater was designed to track both file additions and removals. There should be no need to do this unless some error I did not predict occurs.

If one deletes the pakset folder, deletes the "manifest.hash" file and then re-runs the updater it should automatically pull down the entire pakset again as it will detect the missing files and replace them.

Mariculous

Seems to be an issue with my laptops and funnys simutrans. My PC seems to be fine.

Edit: deleting the pakset dir and Simutrans Extended.hash, there was no manifest.hash, worked. So something went wrong at the update of ot both devices.

Mariculous

It seems the server currently suffers massive desync problems.
It will desync a few seconds after connecting to the server.

Edit: It doesn't desync anymore, it just crashed.

Could have been me causing both, I am currently trying to reproduce.
I just replaced my trams so they all went to the depot, for sure happy livelocking happened because I did not put oneway signs around the deopot. When in drive_by_sight, trams will try to reverse when they encounter a vehicle driving in the opposite direction and that rerversal semmed to have caused the desyncs but I can not yet confirm this for sure as I could not setup a reproduction case for this but I observed desyncs matched the reversal timer of my trams.

The crash was most likely because I was trying to place a one way sign underneath those livelocking trams.

I am currently trying to reproduce this on a localhost server and will update the existing crash bugreport and create a new one related to the desync as soon as I can confirm this.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I should be grateful if any reproduction case and bug report could be posted in its own thread in the development forum, one thread for the loss of synchronisation and another for the crash.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

As mentioned, there already exists a report for the crash and I will update it with the reproduction case, I just reproduced it now but well, cliche Britains would say it's teatime, so it will take a while until I update that post.
I could not yet reproduce the desync but as soon as I got it reproduced, I will for sure file a bugreport. This post here is not meant to be a bugreport but moreover some information for anyone playing or administration the server.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for clarifying.

I should note that loss of synchronisation bugs are usually extremely hard to diagnose, sometimes taking many, many months of doing nothing else to fix.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Stephenson-Siemens fails with this error:

Reading menu configuration ...
ERROR: create_general_tool():   cannot satisfy request for general_tool[40]!
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:
http://forum.simutrans.com
Warning: create_simple_tool():  deprecated tool [27] requested
Reading object data from Pak128.Britain-Ex/...
Message: ground_desc_t::register_desc():        setting raster width to 1
FATAL ERROR: vehicle_reader_t::read_node() - Incompatible pak file version for Simutrans-Ex, number 5
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
FATAL ERROR: vehicle_reader_t::read_node() - Incompatible pak file version for Simutrans-Ex, number 5
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
Aborted (core dumped)

And the same error is for swedish game

jamespetts

What appears to be happening is that the command line version is failing to compile with the following error:

build/server/gui/components/gui_image_list.o: In function `gui_image_list_t::draw(scr_coord)':
gui_image_list.cc:(.text+0x317): undefined reference to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)'
gui_image_list.cc:(.text+0x5d0): undefined reference to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)'
build/server/gui/convoi_detail_t.o: In function `gui_convoy_formaion_t::draw(scr_coord)':
convoi_detail_t.cc:(.text+0x6d7): undefined reference to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)'
convoi_detail_t.cc:(.text+0x749): undefined reference to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)'
build/server/gui/convoi_detail_t.o: In function `gui_convoy_maintenance_info_t::draw(scr_coord)':
convoi_detail_t.cc:(.text+0xfdb): undefined reference to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)'
build/server/gui/convoi_detail_t.o:convoi_detail_t.cc:(.text+0x1078): more undefined references to `display_veh_form_wh_clip_rgb(short, short, short, unsigned short, bool, unsigned char, unsigned char, bool, signed char)' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
common.mk:21: recipe for target 'build/server/simutrans-extended' failed
make: *** [build/server/simutrans-extended] Error 1

This means that the old version of the server is running, which is incompatible with the latest pakset version. I am looking into this now.

jamespetts

Now fixed - emergency recompile underway.

Mariculous

The server seems to be still down

Vladki

I'm not at home so I can't update and start it. Please be patient

Mariculous

Okok, I am very patient. When will the server be online?  ;D

Vladki

Mariculous

Vladki

Can anyone connect now? I have updated server and my client but get pakset mismatch.

Mariculous

I got the same and just force-connected^^
Did you try deleting the Simutrans Extended.hash and running the updater again?

Vladki

I have my own updater - there's no *.hash file at all. I allways delete the whole pakset directory and unpack fresh.

Mariculous

strange...
Force connecting worked fine without any desyncs so far.

Vladki

@Ranran, please check here. I have double checked that the pakset at my client and server is exactly the same, but network connect window says there is packet mismatch.

Ranran(retired)

Sorry for the inconvenience. (´・ω・`)
Can anyone verify that this fix is correct?
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/fix-for-ex14-8
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I have now merged this - thank you for the fix.

freddyhayward

How exactly does one force-connect to the server?

Mariculous

When it's online load the pseudo-savegame "net:<server_adress>"
In case of stephenson-siemens it is "net:list.extended.simutrans.org"

btw. you can even use -load "net:list.extended.simutrans.org" on the commandline. If you have a little start script, this is quite useful to automatically connect to the server whenever you start the game.

Vladki

Quote from: Ranran on February 01, 2020, 09:39:56 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. (´・ω・`)
Can anyone verify that this fix is correct?
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/fix-for-ex14-8

I have updated the server and client, and still it show pakset mismatch

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for your report. I suppose this is due to an unintended rewrite of the formation picture reported by you in another thread.
I threw a pull request. It would be helpful if you could check this.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience I have caused.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for the fix: I have now merged this into the master branch.

kittens45

keep getting pack mismatched tried every redownloading methods

Vladki

please wait for "tonightly" build ;)

kittens45