News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[Bug] Private cars ignore oneway road

Started by Phystam, February 11, 2020, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

With the latest of either 'master' or 'private-car-routing-lightweight' branches, citycars still cheerfully drive the wrong direction on one-way roads, straight past one-way signs and do-not-enter signs, causing nightmare traffic jams. Is there a solution pending?

jamespetts

I was not aware of this issue (and I have split it into its own topic). I will have to investigate this in detail after completing work on the issue related to memory usage.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Incidentally, it will reduce the amount of work that I need to do to look into this issue if you can test in the meantime whether ignoring one way roads occurs on roads that are built as one way from the outset, or only occurs on roads that are built as two way and have the one way status added after private car routes have had a chance to be found on them.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

wlindley

Removing the road where this occurs, and rebuilding it just one tile away, does clear the situation.  My guess is the cars ignore changes in the road status or signs after they have plotted a course.