News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Server news and move

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, March 28, 2020, 04:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

With the recent trouble (which I caused by a mistake in a command I ran as root on the server), I have lost my main hosting client.

Thus I need to downsize.

I am going to see if I can get all of my sites on a slower server.

I will also try to get the non-cPanel stuff running again during this time.

I'm very sorry for all the trouble.

Hopefully the server will be able to support everything. If not, I will get another server that's faster, but not as fast as this one. So basically there may be some downtime and slowness, but hopefully not too much. Hopefully within a month everything will be settled. And hopefully this message ends up not really seeming relevant.

IgorEliezer

Testing testing testing...
hmm, good, seems we're back.  :)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

My main webhosting client is going away so I will be testing a smaller server. It may be too small, so I may have two moves, but hopefully only two. So if there are problems - slowness or outages due to moving - I hope they are not too annoying. :(

Also, for any outages - news at http://old.reddit.com/r/simutrans

But hopefully not necessary

Matthew

The main thing is that you are physically OK, Isaac. With the world being as it is, I was really worried that something had happened to you!

And commiserations on the business setback.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Isaac Eiland-Hall

On the topic: It appears this server may be acceptable. Have to see if a backup can run. I still might see about a slightly faster server at a slightly higher price. Have to see. Haven't decided yet.....

Quote from: Matthew on March 29, 2020, 12:56:17 AMI was really worried that something had happened to you!

Ah, well, there's still time! ;-)

Thank you for the commiseration!

prissi

Good to know that you are healthy and save.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Thank you :)

So meanwhile..... I am installing cPanel on a second server, will be transfering things there. Then I will rebuild that first and make it available for non-cPanel projects.

Mariculous

As Prissi mentioned, it's good to know you are still there!

I guess it's more-or-less likely to get the listservers back as soon as the servers moved but unlikely to get stephenson-siemens back online?

In that case I'll revive stepehenson-siemens in a few days.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I should be able to rebuild that server within 24 hours, but need to make sure sites are fully moved first, so a bit of testing first.

Vladki

Hello Isaac, it's good to hear that you are fine. Please add translator.simutrans.org to your task list. It shows just empty webhosting space. Probably needs to be restored from backup (or moved from another server).

prissi

The translator is (as far as I know) not hosted with Isaac. That is probably some side effect of the DNS.

makie

if it is urgent then you can use: https://makie.de/translator/

and servers.simutrans.org points to nowhere too

prissi

Indeed, servers.simutrans.org is otherwise known as CT234.pm2-host.1awww.com (works for IPv4 and IP6). There zou find the serverlist and the SVN.

Leartin

Just for completions sake, I'd like to point out that nightly.simutrans.com is not up to date. I'm sure there are more urgent matters, but you never know - might be dealt with in 5 minutes after all.

prissi

The nightly is only uploaded once a day from the German forum. The link did work, ubt the upload page die not return anything (usually it does). So I think it might be something on simutrans.com. Anyway, the files there are the same as on https://www.simutrans-forum.de/nightly/