News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Track potential power supply/demand at factories

Started by Dwachs, April 13, 2020, 10:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

Currently, factories only store the actual power consumption/supply in their statistics, which can be seen in the factory window under 'Power'. There is, however, no way to find how much power the factory could have consumed or produced if there where enough supply/demand. This is the purpose of the patch. I am not sure how to name a corresponding button in the factory window.

What do you think about such a patch? Are more additional statistics needed?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

While recording the statistics does not hurt, I wonder if this is not confusing a player. I mean there is already electricity demand, so the distinction to this value will be difficult.

Dwachs

Currently, demand is shown, which is the maximal power demand if factory production is at max value, and there is the shown usage of power, which is the currently supplied or demanded power. But there is no indication of how much power could be supplied/demanded if there were a power grid attached. Hope this makes sense.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

I perfectly understood. But what will that value tell me, since it may fluctuate a lot, depending on so many other factors. So even if connected to t a grid, the grid may be off half of the time. Maybe instead of this value, show the percentage of power requested that could be fulfilled. Still, at the moment it is unclear, if the demand was not fulfilled because not enough power or no power half of the time.

If this is coming, then one needs a load percentage at the power stations too, to know if more power is needed.