News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Jug Broke Theatre - where my wife works at Colonial Williamsburg

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, May 04, 2020, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The  current Colonial Williamsburg blog features the theatre troupe for which she works. But even better, browse down that page to the embedded video about the Memoirs of Anne Bailey - that's my wife, and a hilarious series you can watch (it's on hiatus because of the virus, but will continue!)

https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/learn/living-history/spirit-18th-century-theater/?nck=

Vladki

Vladki

Wow, what are those old guitars? I see one of them has 10 strings ?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

From my wife:

First guitar on the left on the back row (Luke): Ute-ulele which is a ukelele that looks like a lute.

Second from the left (back row) (Steven): It would have been called a "Spanish guitar" in the 18th century, although this one was crafted at Colonial Williamsburg in 1983.

Third from the left: Patrick is holding  a mandolin

Bottom row, right (Alyssa): She's not sure what it is offhand, actually. It is a guitar, though (as opposed to some other guitar-like instrument). The carving in the hole of it, though, is called a "rose".

Bonus: The horse's name is Star.

prissi

That looks quite interesting, indeed. Unfortunately, the chances of attending a live performance are rather low for me ...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: prissi on May 06, 2020, 02:43:48 PM
That looks quite interesting, indeed. Unfortunately, the chances of attending a live performance are rather low for me ...

One nice thing is that I'm allowed to video performances and post them. :)

I don't have anything I can release right now, but eventually I'll add to this thread.