News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Waypoints are end of reservation

Started by Vladki, May 22, 2020, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Wasn't there nay recent change in signalling or pathfinding for trains? Since this week I notice that trains that have a waypoint defined, make reservations only up to the waypoint, stop there, shunt/reverse, and then continue in the original direction in drive by sight. This caused some deadlocks on stephenson-siemens in Dalenchurch - in place that was running smoothly for quite some time

jamespetts

There have not been any changes specifically to vehicle pathfinding or railway signalling in quite a few weeks. If there has been a change in behaviour, it would have had to have resulted from some other change; but it is difficult to think what that other change might be.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I believe that I have now fixed this; I should be grateful if you could re-check with to-morrow's nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Mariculous

Might this have affected road vehicle waypoints?
I got very many road vehicles reversing at waypoints and shuttling in between a waypoint and the previous stop now.
I know this is an old bug but it feels like the occurence of that bug has drastically increased now. Most of my lines on bridgewater were affected by it today so I removed all waypoints.

jamespetts

I have just pushed a change that excludes all non-rail vehicles from the effects of the recent change - I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

If there is an existing bug relating to road vehicles, this will need its own bug report thread.

Mariculous

There already is an own report for this Bug, I guess Ranran reported it a year ago or something like that, I'll have to search for the thread.

jamespetts

jamespetts

Can I check whether the recent waypoint fixes have addressed this issue?