News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

constraints and classes translations

Started by Vladki, June 03, 2020, 12:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I wanted to add czech and slovak translations for constraints and classes, as they otherwise make no sense (like: constraint 7-1).
But I found out that even the english translation is missing on simutranslator. But it exists in en.tab...  Why?

Also what is the Permissive 2-5 and 7-5: Light rail electrification ?

jamespetts

Thank you for that - I have now uploaded these to Simutranslator.

Light rail electrification is reserved for a future way constraint for modern light rail, the Docklands Light Railway in particular, which has a bottom contact third rail system and driverless technology. I believe that Freahk has been working on creating the graphics for this recently, but I am not sure how far that he has got.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on June 03, 2020, 10:38:30 AMThank you for that - I have now uploaded these to Simutranslator.
I can't find them... There are some japanese and italian translations for these, but not english

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on June 03, 2020, 08:52:51 PM
I can't find them... There are some japanese and italian translations for these, but not english

I uploaded the base texts, not the English translations - this should allow you to translate them.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I have added them, but now I'm quite confused how it all works.

Yesterday I have modified some translation in "Base texts" as well in "Simutrans-Extended" sets. But what am I supposed to download? I downloaded Simutrans-Extended, and it seems to have inherited the texts from "Base". Does the same happen for pak128.britain and pak128.britain-extended ?

And how do you update the translations in pak and simutrans-extended - is it somehow automatic, or you have to manually download the translation texts from simutranslator and push them to github?