News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

4-lane motorway and destination

Started by Phystam, June 17, 2020, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

See these pictures:

One of the two lanes has destination data stored, but the opposite lane has no destination data. Apparently, the destination data implicitly assumes that the same road will be used for both outbound and inbound routes, and it seems that it is not expected to use different one-way roads such as this motorway.

Mariculous

A usual day on the motorway.

I cannot confirm the above, but it might be notable that upgrading a bidirectional road to oneway will cause what can be seen on the above image, until the routes have been recalculated, which can take a while on large maps.

Edit:
Though I do not understand the "Road Routes from here" section.
Either the stats are bugged or routing is bugged or I simply don't understand it.

Note the second and third road are immediately adjacent to the third and merge at the first.
I have no idea where these 14 destination cities come from when 3 destinations and 4 destinations merge

jamespetts

A debug build will list each individual destination, but this list is often so long that it completely fills the box and goes off the bottom of the screen, even on a 4k monitor. It might be useful for furhter investigation.

Because the routes are calculated one town at a time, routes going in one direction along a one way road may well be calculated some time before routes going in the opposite direction on a neighbouring one way road where the total number of cities connected by road is large (and the routing time increases exponentially with the number of cities connected by road).

The system does not assume that the route will work in reverse, and the routes are all unidirectional.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.