News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

convoy does not pick up cargo correctly

Started by Ranran(retired), July 04, 2020, 09:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Currently there are weird decisions on convoy loading cargo.

Explanation:
There was a mirror scheduled line like A - B - C.
There was a lot of cargo going to B at C.
I sent to C an extra convoy. But the convoy did not pick up any cargo. But there is no competitive route there.

I have seen this symptom many times.

I found a solution today. Check reverse route and run the same schedule again.
I think this strange check could also be related to the convoy being teleported to the depot.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for this. Are you able to upload a reliable reproduction case so that I can look into this further?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I did a similar operation in the same dock with the server save I got, but it wasn't reproducible anymore. Perhaps by doing it once, the symptom may have gone away. Therefore another case has to be sought....

For reference:
There were nearly 1000 mails from Anningdale Island to the [W2] Glyerdale delta Mail Center, so I added a ship for that line. But it didn't pick up any mail at the dock. I checked the reverse route, and opened the schedule and docked at the dock again then it picked it up.
I hadn't found a solution so far, so I always gave up after seeing this phenomenon. (´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on July 04, 2020, 10:42:44 AMThank you for this. Are you able to upload a reliable reproduction case so that I can look into this further?
I have successfully obtained a save that can confirm that. It is a big saved game of the server.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ibZBZXQZeeaPD_oMmav3T-dXjELsVJ3v/view?usp=sharing
(Posting was delayed, but the save was a few weeks ago)
There is a bi-directional ship anchored on the same line at the port, but one is not trying to load anything. However, there is a lot of luggage to be loaded on the ship at the port, and more cargoes to be loaded on it arrive by horse carriage.
I found this by accident, not by adding new ones or changing the schedule.

A similar weird symptom is that convoys that depart later may be loaded during scheduled convoys.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. It tends to be extremely difficult to use a very large server game as a reproduction case because it performs very poorly in a debug build and it is difficult to separate the relevant data when using breakpoints because the total amount of data is so great.

Can you assist by elaborating on what ship should be loading what mail at Glyerdale Delta Mail Center so that I can investigate this more precisely?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on September 27, 2020, 11:55:00 AMCan you assist by elaborating on what ship should be loading what mail at Glyerdale Delta Mail Center so that I can investigate this more precisely?
Convoy 7661 is a convoy that belongs to the same line as convoy 5451 and goes in the opposite direction to 5451. The 7661 is nothing loaded, but all mail to another continent must be loaded by convoy 7661. But nothing is loaded. Since Annigdale Island and Paradise of pigs are on different continents, at least the mail to them had to be loaded. Mail to another continent will be carried by carriage one after another by the time 7661 departs.

In this save, it seems that they are loaded at the time of departure. (Until then, nothing is loaded).
In the example of the first report and the example confirmed several times, convoy eventually started with nothing loaded. In this save example, there is a long time before convoy departs.
I thought it might be a clue, though it doesn't always reproduce the exact same situation.