News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

The big ship is caught in the low bridge.

Started by Ranran(retired), June 16, 2020, 04:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

A large ship that automatically selected a route and tried to pass under a low bridge was caught by the bridge and could not move anymore. (´・ω・`)
It fits the bridge and can't move north or south.

And I'm plagued with spam calling for their help.

Check the coordinates on the brdgewater server.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I am not sure why your post was marked as awaiting approval.

Given that online games are non-static and I cannot always get around to finding issues like this immediately, it would help if you could upload the saved game in which this state can be reproduced. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: jamespetts on June 16, 2020, 07:01:50 PMI am not sure why your post was marked as awaiting approval.

Someone changed permissions:
https://i.imgur.com/htJT903.png

I believe I have fixed them.

Please let me know if it happens again or in any other board and I'll take a look. :)

I know someone recently changes some permissions, I've forgotten who and I'm too lazy to go look up the thread, but it happens. lol. We can fix as we find :)

Ves

A small remark, but this very thing happened 2005 with the Storebæltsbridge in Denmark. A drunk 1st officer thought he could get the boat under the low part of the bridge, but shaved the entire top off the ship. Search for "Karen Danielsen accident" :P

wlindley

Similarly in Jacksonville, Florida in 2016.
QuoteA river cruise ship hit Jacksonville's Main Street bridge Friday night, forcing it to be shut down... its funnel hit the span...
Article with photo.

Ranran(retired)

I have prepared a saved game that can reproduce this. Depart the ship in the depot and observe it. You can see the ship caught on the bridge by the idiot steering.  :-X

With this saved game, there is no route that goes through the bridge, but the server example can bypass it.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on June 17, 2020, 08:57:04 AM
I have prepared a saved game that can reproduce this. Depart the ship in the depot and observe it. You can see the ship caught on the bridge by the idiot steering.  :-X

With this saved game, there is no route that goes through the bridge, but the server example can bypass it.

Thank you for the reproduction case: that is most helpful. I believe that I have now fixed this; I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

freddyhayward

Quote from: jamespetts on August 14, 2020, 06:11:25 PM
Thank you for the reproduction case: that is most helpful. I believe that I have now fixed this; I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
This seems to have affected all vehicles at all low-clearance bridges, not just large ships.

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on August 15, 2020, 10:51:51 AM
This seems to have affected all vehicles at all low-clearance bridges, not just large ships.

Thank you for the report. I believe that I have now fixed this; I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.