News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[BUG] Directional reservation deadlocks

Started by Mariculous, May 09, 2020, 10:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

What happened?
A directionally signalled track deadlocked in a situation where it should not.

How to reproduce?
Load the attached save, open the block reservation tool and observe the trains moving. The deadlock will occour soon.

What's to observe?
1. The train in the west is waiting for clearance.
Note: There is a directional reservation flashing at (12,9). It doesn't seem to be the cause for the deadlock but looks like there is something wrong.
Further note: Directional reservations ownership on further sections switches in between different trains approaching from the east.
2. Train (6) will correctly move ro land stop 1
3. Note that shorty after departing at land stop 1, train (4) will depart at land stop 4 before land stop 1 is cleared
4. When train (4) departs at land stop 1, train (3) will correctly wait for clearance.
5. Train (1) will use that opportunity to reservate as far as he can
=> deadlock!

jamespetts

I note that I had missed this report from some time ago and then it had got to page 3 of the development forum out of sight - I will note this to look into it when I have a moment.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I notice that Freddy pushed a patch relating to this a few days ago. Can I check whether this has addressed this problem or whether this is still outstanding?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.